Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Macbook Pro late 2016

Operating System

Mac os a Mojave

I have had this problem for at least a years. I have premium: Works on phone - Only works for 6 seconds on Mac desktop (OS Mojave) ... then the blue error message (cannot play song). Go back into daily playlists and most songs are greyed out. HELPPPPPPP IVE TRIED EVERYTHING. 

Turning off hardware acceleration, clearing cache, reinstalling did nothing.

Screen Shot 2019-08-20 at 7.31.50 PM.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

Make sure that you're on macOS Mojave 10.14.6.

If that doesn't help check the steps from this Spotify Answer to see if that makes any difference.

Let me know how that goes 🙂

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

Make sure that you're on macOS Mojave 10.14.6.

If that doesn't help check the steps from this Spotify Answer to see if that makes any difference.

Let me know how that goes 🙂

Thank you sooo much, turns out it was a problem with my "hosts" file in finder on my mac. there was a bunch of garbage in it and i deleted all of it and it worked!! thank you so much haha.

Suggested posts