Step 1

NEXT STEP

Please please can Facebook links open in the desktop app

Please please can Facebook links open in the desktop app

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

I'm aware this issue has been posted here before but until something has been done I think it's worth bringing to attention. It is INCREDIBLY frustrating that FB messenger links open in the web browser, I don't want to use it and it doesn't even work at playing the song half the time. My brother often links me classical pieces with long, complicated names that (too me) look identical to a million other classical songs which makes it a huge pain to re-search for them in the desktop app. PLEASE fix this problem, I don't know anyone who even uses the browser version so I don't understand why Spotify prioritises that over the desktop version. I don't understand why there isn't even an option to go straight to the desktop app. 

1 Reply

Hi @Fdrunxddfuhb,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community!

I think that this is a great suggestion as well, and there is currently a Live Idea regarding being able to choose to open links in the desktop app in the Ideas Exchange of the Spotify Community, here. I recommend adding your +VOTE to this idea, as the more votes an Idea gets, the more likely Spotify is to implement it. You can also read more about how feedback on Ideas reaches Spotify here.

Let us know if you have any questions, and have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts