Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Podcast Description Jumping to Top (Mac Desktop)

Podcast Description Jumping to Top (Mac Desktop)

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Macbook Pro (unsure about OS, but Spotify is updated)

My Question or Issue

I have been listening to podcasts which put information in the description for each episode; as I attempt to read and scroll down, the description will jump back up to the top each time. I cannot read the end of the descripton no matter how slowly I go, or if I hold down, etc. Is there any way this can be changed?

4 Replies

I'm seeing the same issue on a Dell XPS laptop.  When you scroll through the podcasts, say you are a searching for a specific one, as it refreshs it moves the entire list and you lose track of where you were. I'd say this is a defect or bug of improving/adding to the descriptions.  I have a video of the issues but it's too large to upload.  It's super annoying.

This has been happening to me for months and I've been trying to ignore it. Now I'm listening to podcasts that have good information in the description and it's impossible to read. Before replying, I just updated Spotify to 1.1.44.538.g8057de92 today and it's still happening.

Hey @jpowers8@dagchatterton and @vault13photo,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with the Community!

We've passed your feedback to the developer team and they are trying to solve this issue as soon as possible. We aren't able to exactly say when the fix is going to be available, but it's a good idea to have a look at these instructions. They explain how to keep the app up to date, so you get all improvements, as soon as they are released.

Hope this info is useful. Let us know if there's anything else we can help with.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thanks, I understand and updated Spotify right before posting.

Suggested posts