Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Podcasts Not Updated on Desktop since July '21

Solved!

Podcasts Not Updated on Desktop since July '21

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Macbook Pro mid 2012

Mac OS 10.15.7 Catalina

My Question or Issue

On desktop app only, no podcasts show episodes beyond July 27th 2021. The only way for me to listen to new podcasts is via iOS on my phone, only way to listen on my computer is to use my phone to select the podcast & link devices via network. This effects ALL podcasts & has persisted despite closing/reopening Spotify, restarting computer, uninstalling/reinstalling Spotify. Updates to the Spotify app have also not resolved this issue.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there @chrisdthompson,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community.

Can you confirm that you followed the steps that's provided in this article? There's some more steps to help thoroughly uninstall the app from your phone so if you haven't, we'd highly suggest it since the steps will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

We also suggest that you double check so that the device don't have any pending updates.

Keep us posted 🙂

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi there @chrisdthompson,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community.

Can you confirm that you followed the steps that's provided in this article? There's some more steps to help thoroughly uninstall the app from your phone so if you haven't, we'd highly suggest it since the steps will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

We also suggest that you double check so that the device don't have any pending updates.

Keep us posted 🙂

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

I have this issue for select podcasts on my Android app. However I can access the most recent episode using the Alexa app or the windows app on my computer.

For me the two podcasts are NYT Daily and Data Skeptic.

The steps in this article fixed the issue, hadn't been able to find the cache files responsible previously.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Answers/How-can-I-perform-a-clean-reinstall-of-the-app/ta-p...

Suggested posts