Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Podcasts will not play

Podcasts will not play

I have been trying to play podcasts on both my desktop app as well as my webplayer on my MacBook Pro, however they will not play. I am not sure what the issue is but when I click a podcast, nothing at all happens and I am unable to listen to any podcasts at all. Music works completely alright, it is just the podcasts 

6 Replies

Hey @jackptas

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

Would you mind trying with a different internet connection to check if that makes any difference?

Additionally, could you let us know if this is happening across devices or only on your PC?

Lastly, we'd like to know if they used to work before and stopped working after a specific event or if they've never worked. 

Keep us posted.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

I'm experiencing this on all web players on windows and linux using chrome, edge and firefox. Podcasts absolutely will not play at all. Even clicking on it there is absolutely not response but when you play music it plays instantly.

Also using spotify connect to control the web player to play a pod cast does absolutely nothing.

It hasn't been working since about maybe July 2021 when I noticed or maybe June 2021.

Chromecast, desktop app and ios app all work fine it only seems to be a web player issue. It would seem like you all just banned the use of all podcast for premium or free accounts on the webplayer. I've use the web player everywhere not just at home but out and about and and on multiple computers all show the same symptoms that it's all browser are affected.

Hey @ParentalControl,

Thanks for posting here 🙂

There is an option to play podcasts while using the web player.

In this case it's a good idea to clear the cache and cookies of your browsers. We'd suggest you also check if the browsers are up-to-date.

If the issue persists, you can check the hosts file with these steps. Does that make a difference? 

Let us know how it goes.

Ver Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Strange I have two different computers on different networks and locations and they both are used with incognito mode all the time and both of them have no host file data. When you swap from spotify connect from desktop app to web browser it doesn't even respond. So It must be a limitation you all have implemented. I even tried it a friends computer and it doesn't work.

It affects, Spotify web app using chrome, Firefox and edge and in normal and incognito mode on windows and linux. on two different network locations and a friends house.

Hi @ParentalControl,

Thank you for your reply!

From our side we haven't implemented any limitation on podcast playback as they're available across platforms. 

Since this is happening on multiple devices, can you log in with another account, such as a friend's or a family member's to see if the issue persists? Alternatively, you can create a free account here, just make sure you're logged out of your own account before creating a new one.  

Keep us posted.

MafeGModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Ok a friend of mine can play on the web player on the same network  something on the back end you guys did to that needs fixing on the web player and no I will not create another account as I have a lot invested in this one.

Update I spoke with Spotify support they said it could be a issue with the web app that may need to be fixed. So I just have to wait it out.

Suggested posts