Step 1

NEXT STEP

Poor sound quality for particular artists

Poor sound quality for particular artists

Plan: Premium

Device: Macbook Pro Retina 2016

Operating System: OSx

Song: This  is the thing by Fink

This and a few other songs by the same artist seem to have incredibly compressed sound when compared to other services. Other songs seem fine. Is this just the particular upload from a particular artist causing the issue? I have high quality streaming and download enabled.

3 Replies

Hi @on2valhalla, thanks for writing!

I've just listened to this song and I can tell you its quality/volume is just fine. Are you listening through the internal speakers of your laptop?

Anyway, I suggest that you play it from other devices and let me know how it goes.

BittencourtSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I have listened through my Macbook pro 2016 headphone jack with ath-m50s, at home with a Nvidia shield and home audio setup, and through my desktop with another set of cans and an audiology card.  In comparison to the top recording on SoundCloud the song seems severely distorted at the top end.

Ok @on2valhalla,

If you really think the song file doesn't sound like it should, you can click on the link bellow and use the submission form to report the broken track.

https://support.spotify.com/using_spotify/troubleshooting/how-do-i-report-a-content-error-on-spotify...

Hope this is more helpful!

BittencourtSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts