Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Popular Songs are bugged

Popular Songs are bugged

The popular songs section on Mac is bugged. Shouldn't it be in order from most popular?

daggerthedragon_0-1605548934890.png

1 Reply

Hi @daggerthedragon,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community!

The Popular tracks on Spotify artist pages are ordered based on an algorithm, which takes into account the number of recent streams for each song by an artist; and the list of Popular tracks for each artist is updated every 24 hours. For this reason, the tracks that appear there are oftentimes not ordered by the total number of streams for each track.

You can feel free to check this similar thread from 2019 as well as this similar thread from 2018 regarding the Popular tracks on artist pages for more information.

However, there is currently a Live Idea in the Ideas Exchange of the Spotify Community for having the Popular tracks on artist pages instead ordered by the most-streamed tracks. If this is something you’re interested in, I recommend adding your +VOTE to this idea; the more votes an idea gets, the likelier it is that Spotify will implement it, and you can read more about how feedback on ideas reaches Spotify here.

Let me know if you have any other questions, and have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts