NEXT STEP

Posting a New Idea

Posting a New Idea

Plan - Family Premium

Country - UK

Device - Macbook Pro late 2016

Operating System - iOS

My Question or Issue

How do I add a new idea to the relevant section? 
I'm using https://community.spotify.com/t5/Idea-Submissions/idb-p/ideas_submissions enter all the relevant tags and categories, shorten the copy (it keeps being too long) and then post, I then get the following two error messages:

Correct the highlighted errors and try again.

There was an error while attempting to post your message. Try again in a few minutes.

What do I have to do to post successfully?

All the best

Stephen

5 Replies

Hey @lopsidedstephen, and welcome to the community.

Hope you're doing great! 

Could you try posting this new idea using a different browser or incognito mode? Also, what gets highlighted when you're not being able to post this? A screenshot would help in this case.

If that doesn't help, please send me a screenshot of the error message being shown (make sure to hide sensitive info when posting to the community).

Let me know how this goes 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I too have this problem. Asks me to correct errors but doesn't say what the error is.

miiichael_au_0-1579780730622.png

I should also note that it doesn't let you indent stuff - it complains about invalid HTML and removes it. Surely if you don't want people to use certain editor features you would also disable the button that implements it?

I too have this problem.

michael@joyola:~$ pactl list clients |grep -c Spotify

pavucontrol also shows multiple Spotify's:

miiichael_au_0-1579779841761.png

System information:

michael@joyola:~$ lsb_release -a
No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID: Debian
Description: Debian GNU/Linux 10 (buster)
Release: 10
Codename: buster
michael@joyola:~$ dpkg -l|grep spotif
ii spotify-client 1:1.1.10.546.ge08ef575-19 amd64 Spotify streaming music client

Hey there @miiichael_au,

Thanks for sharing this here in the Community!

It looks like the latest post you shared in this thread is the one you were having troubles posting. 

Just to confirm, were you able to post a new reply in the thread you initially wanted to post in?

It'd be a good idea giving it another try in an incognito or private window in your browser, if you haven't already. 

Keep in mind that if your last reply was intended for another thread, you can report it to us by clicking the three dot menu next to it and we can move for you. Don't forget to include the URL of the thread you wish to move your reply to so we know where it needs to be moved 🙂

Keep us posted!

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts