Premium

Country

Spain

Device

MacBook Pro Mid2018, MacBook Pro 2019, Bose Home Speaker 500, Sonos Roam

Operating System

macOS Big Sur

My Question or Issue

I'm facing an issue when playing music using Spotify Connect (nothing too strange: Bose Home Speaker 500 and Sonos Roam, and even when playing music in my iPad). The current playing information never updates: the progress bar keeps advancing until the end, and then it will stop.

When I select a new song, the new song is in fact played, but the info is not updated in the macOS client.

This is happening to me since the new desktop experience was rolled out. I understand the problem is actually in the desktop client and not in the Spotify Connect API. I'm currently running 1.1.58.820.g2ae50076-a.

8 Replies

Hey @ManuMateos,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

Can you try running a clean reinstall of the Desktop app, following this Guide and see if that makes a difference?

If not, try connecting your devices to another WiFi, like a mobile hotspot. This will help us understand if the issue is related to the network in any way.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Deep uninstalling the macOS app and reinstalling it somehow worked. Thank you very much!

Hi there @ManuMateos,

Thank you for your reply and confirmation.

We're really glad to hear that everything works as it should for you again.

Let us know if we can help you with anything else 🙂

Take care!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

I'm having the same problem with a MacBook Pro and a Sonos Roam at the moment. The Spotify app on Mac works fine without connection to Sonos. With the connection, the app plays one track and then will play another before stopping altogether. When it's playing the second track, it looks like it's playing the first one. I did a hard and complete reset of the Spotify app per the solution above, but it didn't work. 

Hey there @h2omanslibrary

Thanks for reaching out about this. 

Just to make sure, is this only happening on your PC or on other devices as well?

On another note, would you mind trying with a different internet connection to check if the same happens?

Lastly, we'd like to know if this started happening after a specific event such as an update. 

We'll be on the lookout.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hi, thanks for following up.

It's happening on both my Mac and my iPhone. 

Not sure how I'd use another internet connection since the wifi is home wifi and the Sonos system won't work without it. Have a suggestion there?

Again, the issue only surfaces during playback via Sonos using the Spotify app. 

The Sonos system was updated recently, but I can't say that it was the same time as the emergence of the problem. 

Thanks again. 

Drew

Small update. Problem is only happening on Sonos Roam, not on my older Sonos Play speakers. 

Hi @h2omanslibrary!

Could you try unlinking and relinking your Spotify account to Sonos to see if that does the trick? Just follow the steps in this article.

Keep us posted.

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts