Problems using and matching local files with unavailable music

Problems using and matching local files with unavailable music

AeroZ
Composer

Hi!

So I wanted to add JAY Z - Reasonable Doubt and Dr. Dre - Compton to my Albums on Spotify. Yes, the tracks are unavailable but as the notification in Spotify says I should be able to import my local music to play those songs.

The issue is that no matter how I change the ID3 info of the tracks that I have for those two albums many tracks are still grayed out.

For example I'm trying to match JAY Z - Reasonable Doubt. As you can see from the screenshot the greyed out tracks have a dash and featured artist in it's name aka "Can't Knock The Hustle - Mary J. Blige". How do I have to change the ID3 info of my MP3-s to match that? I've tried everything that I could think of. Maybe I'm missing something.

Screen Shot 2018-08-26 at 21.25.38.png

Any tips, please?

Thanks!

2 Replies

Re: Problems using and matching local files with unavailable music

Rock Star 7
Rock Star 7

Hi @AeroZ ! 🙂
Just curious if you have already tried deleting the local files.bnk?

If not, this can be done in several easy steps and has helped cleared up some issues I was having with local file sources in the past.

1. Close Spotify app

2. Open FINDER>Go to LIBRARY>Open APPLICATION SUPPORT folder>Open SPOTIFY/USERS subfolders

3. Delete local-files.bnk

4. Reopen Spotify app

Hope this was helpful and have a great day! 🙂

Bethany_DawnRock Star 7
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
Highlighted

Re: Problems using and matching local files with unavailable music

AeroZ
Composer

Tried but it didn't work sort of.

The whole keeping track of local file changes is not that great with Spotify. For every ID3 change I made I had to disable and re-enable local files to force update.

I managed to get Spotify to recognize those two albums from the initial post by removing any artist names from the track names. But I now got another album which I just can't seem to be able to match.

Screen Shot 2018-08-27 at 20.17.49.png

I'm able to easily match every other track except number 5. Any ideas?

SUGGESTED POSTS