Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Profile, Your Music and Recently Played Artists not updating when I play songs.

Profile, Your Music and Recently Played Artists not updating when I play songs.

My profile currently looks like I like I only played 1 artist from the 1 time I listened to that Sia's song. 

I am playing Spotify, but my profile is not updating to reflect the artists I am currently playing: 

Screen Shot 2015-03-18 at 10.00.16 AM.png

Likewise in "Your Music" it is not updating when I play songs:

Screen Shot 2015-03-18 at 10.02.03 AM.png

I have all my settings set to share my activity - but Spotify is not doing this.

Screen Shot 2015-03-18 at 10.07.13 AM.png

How do I make it so Spotify actually tracks my activity? How to I ensure that my profile reflects the artists I follow?

3 Replies

Are you new to Spotify?

The recently played artists section updates once a week. So just wait a little longer and it should update.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thank you so much for your help, Matt!

I have been on spotify for 11 months. When I look at the "Your Music" > "Artists" on my Macbook Air and iPhone 6 I see a complete history of people I've played - even several months ago (please see below). However none of these artists are making it to my profile. Nor are the songs I played. 

Is anyone else experiencing this issue? 

Macbook:

Screen Shot 2015-03-19 at 5.30.51 AM.png

iPhone 6:

IMG_0553.jpg

My spotify account has also recently- over the past 3 weeks, stopped updating recently played artists. It was updating a couple of times a week before but suddenly stopped showing any new artists. I reinstalled and it has not helped at all. The artists i listened to weeks ago are still showing not any of the new ones. Any tips on what to do next? Thanks!

Suggested posts