Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Proxy stopped working after update

Proxy stopped working after update

Spotify was all good and working behind corporate proxy until today but late afternoon a new update cames and after applying it, now it cannot stream through proxy anymore. Without proxy, it is all good and working(which is useless for me).

From chrome on this mac through proxy, it loads the page but doesn't stream the music.

But finally on same environment with linux (both app and chrome) works fine through same proxy meaning it is nothing about proxy (which is also useless for me)

Looking forward to a solution for mac app and fix a problem of broken proxy support.

Plan

Premium

Country

Turkey 

Device

Macbook Pro late 2016

Operating System

High Sierra 10.13.5

12 Replies

Same on Windows 😞

Same problem.

Same issue here. I managed to get it work again by re installing an older version of the spotify client, but it keeps auto-updating, so that does not work for long...

Before there is a new working version, you can download an older version here.

It worked well for me.

https://filehippo.com/download_spotify/

https://filehippo.com/mac/download_spotify_for_mac/

Yes but client auto-update right after and then stop working again....

True,

Every time you close Spotify, you can delete all files in this mapp (on a Windows client) %LocalAppData%\Spotify\Update.

Now you can start up Spotify without an uppgrade.

that's user friendly 😛 I rather go for the webapp then...

On my mac, webapp also stopped working (actually I'm not sure if update has something to do with it or not. I wasn't using it before, but simply it is not working now)

My very "user friendly solution(!)" so far was to run spotify behind proxychains. Still I think we users need a proper solution.

Proxy support is still broken. While using the web app is a temporary fix, Spotify better fix this soon.

About one week with non-working Spotify here too, behind a proxy. Web-player works though.

I heard that Google now has a nice offering in something called YouTube music, or something like that. I'll propably try that if this isn't fixed.

EDIT: The very next day, after the working update, connection doesn't work anymore. This is really frustrating.

PREVIOUSLY:

I got music to play again with proxy after a few weeks away from workplace.

Spotify version: 1.0.85.257.g0f8531bd (previous non-working was 1.0.83.318.g6c07039d)

macOS High Sierra 10.13.5 (17F77)

• Quit Spotify (Ctrl and mouse click icon)
  • Remove Spotify (Drag icon from Finder/Applications to trash)
  • Removed everything related to Spotify that I could coma up with from the computer. * Finder -> Go -> (Alt-key pressed) Library
  • From Application Support and Caches I moved to trash all directories with spotify in their name.
  • Restart the computer
  • Download the Spotify installer zip from spotify.com and installed the thing
  • After a few attempts with proxy settings and error code 7 I could finally log in and play music

This is starting to get ridiculous now. There were two new releases for the desktop client since the proxy issue was introduced, and it is still not working. Now I moved to the web player which is the "barely working" category, most features are missing. But on the top of that it keeps logging me out at least four times a day, right in the middle of the music. I couldn't find any issue tracker apart from this "Community", where we can only moan to each other, with no sign of any Spotify staff. I'm seriously considering terminating my Premium subscription now.

Suggested posts