Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Queue gets deleted when adding songs while advertisement is playing

Queue gets deleted when adding songs while advertisement is playing

When I add a song to the queue while advertising is playing the queue gets deleted, and only the song I just added is left. It's like I just replace the queue with the new song.

This has happened several times now. But since I've already wasted hours trying to recreate my queue I haven't experimented with if it happens everytime I add songs during advertisement, or just sometimes. Or if it also happens sometimes during normal playback. But at least 2-3 of the times it was while advertisement.

Plan: Free

Device: iMac, late 2009

Operating System: macOS 10.12.6

8 Replies

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

I have already stated OS and system. I use the latest version of Spotify on my Mac, and reinstall doesn't help.

This has been happening to me for YEARS!!! I'm on a Mac using the Desktop app, too. I'm at least glad it's not just me. It drives me nuts!!!!!

This issue also happens to me. I try my best to avoid adding songs to my queue while an advertisement is playing, but I occasionally end up doing so if I'm not paying close attention.

How can this still be a bug? Why isn't it resolved?

I keep updating to the latest version of the desktop app, but it doesn't help. I try to avoid adding songs during advertisement, but everytime I forget and do it anyways my queue is deleted. Very often hours of carefully selected songs!

If this is a "feature" to make everyone on the free plan move to a payed plan, why not just make it impossible to add songs while advertisements are running? That would still be annoying, but a deleted queue is so frustrating I actually consider quiting Spotify and use another service instead.

It happens every time an advert plays and has happened to me for over a year now. It happens on a PC with Windows 10 as well as Mac. I just spent around 45 minutes building a queue. I was adding the last 2 songs, just about to backup my queue to a playlist, and as I clicked, the playing song ended and an advert started. I lost all of that queue and have no idea what was on it or how I found most of the music. I was looking for artists from underrepresented backgrounds, with the aim of adding them to playlists as well - so a good cause lost.

Spotify don't care at all about customer service or the musicians they exploit. They have a hilarious advert that says "we like listening to you," but when clicked they only want feedback to help them make more money. I've used Spotify for over 10 years and it started off as a great piece of software but has gradually got worse until it's almost unusable in some ways. It's unfortunate there doesn't seem to be a better alternative in terms of the range of music available and ease and sharing of playlists. I wish Deezer had an application. I'd pay for good software but prefer to support my favourite artists by buying their music.

Haha, I started having this issue once I started utilizing the queue feature because it's pretty convenient. Like I can add a **bleep** ton of songs to it from albums and playlists while not having to make an actual playlist. There is an ad for Spotify premium that says You don't know what you have until you lose it and that's the exact moment when I lost my queue. I was really confused, like no way they would make an ad that takes away your entire queue right?? But I refuse to get Spotify premium!! ....although I might cave soon

If you start playing an album, then add something to the queue, the queue takes priority and the queue is cleared before the rest of the album plays. If you add everything you want to listen to to the queue, everything will take priority.

Suggested posts