Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

RIP Friend Activity - In Memorium of Instant Accidental Irrevocable Unfollowings!

RIP Friend Activity - In Memorium of Instant Accidental Irrevocable Unfollowings!

My Question or Issue
This is how it happens...
I'm chilled out and relaxed, listening my favourite playlist radio.
I glance across to my Friend Activity feed and see my good friend with super cool music taste is listening to something I've never heard of.
I right click the song just under his name and then the top menu item "Add to Queue"...
That was cool! - I wonder what he's listening to now, so I click up towards the new song under his name, but miss! The menu flashes and already, habitually, I am selecting the top item... Only as I'm hearing the mouse click does my brain register a different word this time:  'Unfollow' - "NOOoooo!!" 😱
There is no "Are You Sure - Yes/No" warning dialogue and the consequence is both dire and dismal. That precious connection with my musical soul mate has been instantly and irrevocably severed - No second chance; no undo; no Control+Z

It's such bad ergonomics, especially since there seems to be no way to recover that special friend. I've read through lots of explanations here of how to connect to friends via facebook; indeed I've done full disconnect from facebook / uninstall / app purge / reinstall / reconnect to facebook / find friends... They all appear EXCEPT the ones I obliterated via that diabolical Friend Activity menu - They have been cast into the void, apparently for all eternity. All I'm left with now are music zombies 🧟 trapped in the top 40 hits of the 80's and 90's  So RIP my favourite sources of new/appalling music - my best mate; bandmates; gig buddies; girlfriend; guitar tutor; mum. You are all greatly missed and your musical meanderings will remain forever in my heart ?

Sort this pernicious issue out Spotify! (Please!)
(And by "sort it out" I don't mean deprecate the feature like you smothered the wonderful spotify share songs/messaging feature either; that was so mean! - Please don't do that)

Plan - 
Premium

Country - UK

Device

Macbook Pro late 2015

Operating System

(OSX 10.10.5)

My Question or Issue

- He's NOT the messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -
Screen Shot 2020-04-05 at 09.06.39.png
Screen Shot 2020-04-05 at 09.07.26.png
1 Reply

Hey there @Pól

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here! 

Spotify constantly strives to improve the user experience with its features and the easiest way to achieve this is by regular app updates. That’s why we appreciate you taking the time to share your suggestion with the Community. 

If you think other users might also like it, go ahead and create an idea on the relevant idea board. We always take new ideas and feedback into consideration to improve the app. Here you can read more on how ideas work.

We also suggest checking this help article for useful tips on how to submit an idea. As a heads-up, it's good to know that the higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for the idea to be implemented 🙂 

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions. 

Suggested posts