Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Radio Thumbs Up/Thumbs Down missing

Radio Thumbs Up/Thumbs Down missing

Plan: Premium

Device: iMac

Operating System: macOS 10.14.3

My Question or Issue

The thumbs up/thumbs down is missing from my Song Radio stations.

I've tried reinstalling Spotify (including removing cache and support files) but they're still missing. Screenshot attached.

Screenshot 2019-02-25 at 13.00.05.png
7 Replies

The removed it from iphone app too.  Spotify, STOP trying to "IMPROVE" the interface.  

If you'll notice, they have done away with most (all?) radio station based songs. It is now becoming "Spotify"  created playlists instead. It is atrocious garbage to think we want to listen to some random **bleep** they/auto selected without choice to personalize. I've already updated my review on the play store. I suggest doing to the same to make it known to Spotify we're not happy. Went from four to two-star review because of this **bleep**.

I have "Go to Song Radio" against all my music under the dropdown menu for each song (the three-dot icon) on Mac and "Go to Radio" on iOS.

Right, but if you will notice it is not an actual radio station like they used to be previously. It is now a Spotify created playlist without the choice to thumb up, or down, songs playing on the list. They have effectively done away with actual radio stations, and they have turned it into Spotify playlists instead. Again, show your disgust and bother them with reviews in kind if you want to be heard at all.

Totally stinks that they removed radio and ability to thumbs up/down songs. I used it all the time. I listen all day long and the ability to like songs on radio was huge for me. Not sure how Spotify is now able to create stations/playlists if you can't rate the songs. Definitely going to use Pandora more! You can rate all songs on Pandora radio and music is automatically selected based on what you like.

I've figured out why I was confused. It wasn't Song Radio where the thumbs were showing but Autoplay. When I reach the end of an album, playlist, or selection of tracks Spotify autoplays music based on what I was listening to and provides thumbs up/down that can be used to improve what is played.

I just tried this and you're right. when I enabled autoplay and playe the last song on an album, the thumbs up/thumbs down buttons appeared. This is not what I want, but I can just use spotify in an unintuitive way in order to get the experience I want until they change it.

Suggested posts