Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Radio stops loading new songs after deleting a song

Solved!

Radio stops loading new songs after deleting a song

Plan

Premium

Country

The Netherlands

Device

MacBookPro 16" 2019

Operating System

Mac OS Big Sur 11.4

My Question or Issue

Usually the playlist radio loads more songs after an amount of songs have been played (50 in this case), making it an infinite playlist. However after deleting (with the minus button) at least one song triggers a bug which stops loading new songs. 

After all songs are played the music simply stops, and I can reload the playlist by playing a random song. If I don't delete the songs the playlist does load new songs and works like it should.

Also the deleted songs (which is not to be played in the playlist again, as the mention says) return when reloading the playlist radio. So I'm basically in a vicious circle. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I'm not sure how, but it looks like the songs are now added again to the radio station. Maybe the update did the trick. 

I will let you know when the error resurfaces again.

As for the video, I posted one in the previous replies.

View solution in original post

18 Replies

Hey @Thomasbriet

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

Would you mind letting us know if this started happening after a specific event such as an update?

Also, could you let us know if this is happening only on your PC or on other devices as well?

On another note, could you let us know the exact make/model, operating system and Spotify version of your device?

We'll be on the lookout for your reply. 

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

I didn't really notice anything when updating the Spotify app. So I can't be sure if it's because of an update.

I tried this on another device (also Mac, but different OS) and it happened too. I can't really try this on a Windows machine, because I don't own a Windows machine.

The exact model is the MacBook Pro, 16 inch, 2019. 2.4 Ghz, 8-core Intel Core i9 running macOS Big Sur 11.4

The Spotify version is 1.1.60.672

I created a small video explaining the issue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d92sYyKc_-w

You can see in the beginning, when starting the radio, when skipping, the list automatically fills with new numbers. But once I remove 1 song, it stops filling and it eventually runs out of songs.

Hi there @Thomasbriet,

Thank you for your reply and confirmation.

Can you log in with a different account - such as a friend's or a family member's to see if the issue persist?

It would also be great if you can provide us a recording so that we can have a closer look directly from your end.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

I just added the video to my previous post. I will ask some friends if they have the same issue.

Hey @Thomasbriet,

Thanks for the reply.

It seems that a new version of Spotify has been released today. Could you try running a clean reinstall of the app and check if the issue persists.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi,

I tried it with a friend with a Windows PC and the latest version of Spotify and he got the same issue.

Also updated my own Spotify app and still the issue exists.

Hey there @Thomasbriet,

Thanks for the reply.

We'd like to report this issue and to do so we'd need some more info:

• Does this happen on all Radios - Song, Artist and Playlist.
  • Does it happen only when deleting a song or also when disliking( on Playlist Radio), liking a song.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

AlexModerator

To my knowledge the Song and Artist radios only play 50 songs per list. So there is no auto fill function there.
Only the playlist-radio has that function.

Liking a song doesn't seem to affect the playlist, disliking (or deleting) is the only trigger for the bug. I tried it on several playlist radio's. All affected with the issue. Works fine, until you dislike (and so delete) a song from the list.

Hey there @Thomasbriet,

Thanks for the reply.

We've tried reproducing this on our end, however Playlist radio generation seems to work as expected even when deleting or disliking songs.

Could you try connecting to another network and checking whether you experience the same behavior from the app?

Keep us posted.

AlexModerator

Hi,

I tried it on the network at my office, and it stayed the same. Even my friend, who had a Windows PC in another location, had the same problem. So I'm not really sure how you manage to keep it working. Any other ideas what I can try?

Hey @Thomasbriet

Thanks for keeping us in the loop. 

Another thing you can try is checking the hosts file on your device for entries that need to be deleted.

You can find the steps on how to do that described here.

Looking forward to your reply. Enjoy a great day! 

Just to confirm, I'm seeing the same issue that Thomas is seeing with playlist radios not loading new songs after disliking a song on my Windows installation of Spotify (v1.1.61.583.gad060c66-a).

Hi, I tried everything subscribed above. But it didn't change anything.

Again, this is not only on my computer, it was also happening on the computer of my friend and that was not an Apple computer.

Hey @Thomasbriet and @naytres,

Thanks for all the troubleshooting you've done so far.

We've recently released a newer version of the desktop client than the one you mention in your comments. Could you perform one more clean reinstall and letting us know if the playlist radios function correctly then? If that doesn't fix thing, we recommend checking if toggling Hardware Acceleration and Autoplay form the stetting menu on/off makes a difference.

On another note - does the same behavior occur also when using the web player?

Keep us posted.

Mihail Moderator

Hi Mihail,

A clean reinstall did not fix the issue for me. After reinstalling, I toggled the Hardware Acceleration and Autoplay settings to Off and that also didn't help. I tried to play the playlist radio in the web player but couldn't even reach it; clicking the "Start playlist radio" link from the ... menu under the playlist just returns the error "This content is not available."

Hey @naytres,

Thanks for trying and keeping us posted.

Could you give it a try on the web player using an incognito/private window in the browser? Also, a video or screen recording where we can see with detail this issue will come in handy to further investigate, as we couldn't replicate it on our end. You can attach it to your next reply by clicking on the video camera icon in the post editor. If it's too big, you can upload it to another platform and send us the link.

We'll be on the lookout.

CarlosEModerator

Marked as solution

I'm not sure how, but it looks like the songs are now added again to the radio station. Maybe the update did the trick. 

I will let you know when the error resurfaces again.

As for the video, I posted one in the previous replies.

Hi @Thomasbriet,

It's great to know your Radio got back to normal 🙂 

Please make sure your app is always up to date so everything keeps running smoothly.

If anything else comes up, the Community is here for you.

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts