Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Randomly keeps playing this one specific playlist I'm not even following or listening to at all

Randomly keeps playing this one specific playlist I'm not even following or listening to at all

I'm using Spotify on Macbook Air.  I played one song on a playlist months ago but this playlist has been haunting me.  Spotify will randomly play this specific playlist randomly.   I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling my Spotify on my computer but it won't stop randomly playing this playlist.  Does anyone else have this problem and know how to stop it?

4 Replies

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? Sorry if that may sound a bit repetitive but if that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app by following these steps.

I'd also recommend doing a password reset of your account just to make sure 🙂

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

Hello,

I think I have the same issue. I'm using Macbook Pro, and it happens as well with my iPhone6.

I have some specific artist starting to play randomly his song. I don't follow this artist and his style is far from what I usually listen. I never listened to him before this issue started happening. 

Usually it starts playing when I don't have anything else switched on in Spotify, and most annoyingly, it starts playing during nights as well. It switches on even if I have my laptop closed and killed Spotify app on mobile.

I tried to do clean re-install on both laptop and iphone. I also changed my account password and facebook password several times. I switched off auto-play as well. Nothing helped. 
Is it possible to at least block this artist? I have this problem for around a month.

I'm using macOS 10.14 and iOS 12.0, Spotify 1.0.88.353.g15c26ea1

Thanks in advance,

Best,

Nadezda

I reinstalled everything and changed my password but the problem is still happening.  Is there any other solution?

Hey @pancakin and @alenorr,

Do you guys think it might be possible that another person has gotten access to your account?

Because if this is the case, we highly recommend you follow these steps.

We hope that solves the issue! Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

Suggested posts