Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Rearrange playlist

Rearrange playlist

Trying to rearrange a playlist on my MacBook. Things were going just fine, until I used a filter option. I was hoping I could rearrange by song title and it would just stay in that order forever, but I was wrong. And now when I try to drag & drop songs, they drag, but they don't drop. Please help!

1 Reply

Hi @Flyawaydoggie

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community!

If you use one of the sorting options e.g. title, artist, you can't rearrange songs in playlist. To rearrange them manually again, you need to make sure, there's no sorting option chosen.

Just look at the columns, and if you see a green   or  v  symbol next to one, click it again until it disappears. Then you can change the order manually again. 

sorting.jpg

When there's no sorting option, one click sorts songs alphabetically, second click reverts the order, and the third click turns off the sorting option. 

The sorting option should stick to a playlist, so if you use sorting by artist and go back to the playlist, it should still be sorted by artist. 

However, if you want alphabetical order in your playlist by default, with no sorting options, you can choose that sorting option, select all songs and drag them to the + New Playlist section in bottom left corner. the new playlist will be sorted alphabetically by default (until you add new songs - they will be on the bottom of the playlist, you'll have to change the order manually). 

If you have any followers on your original playlist and you don't want to lose them, after you save the new playlist, you can delete songs from the original playlist (but not the playlist itself!) and then go to the new playlist, select all songs just like before and drag them to the original empty playlist. 

You can read more on sort and filter feature in this support article

I hope it helps!

Suggested posts