Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Rearranging Songs in Desktop app Playlists

Rearranging Songs in Desktop app Playlists

Plan: Premium

Device: MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2016, Two Thunderbolt 3 ports)

Operating System: 10.13.6

My Question or Issue: I was creating a new playlist, I knew that I could drag and drop songs to organize the list, but today I was not able to. In other list s that was possible, so after a few trials and errors, I decided to reinstall the desktop app. Nothing changed, the problem was still there so I decided to go to the Spotify Community site to find this old post: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Accounts/Cant-rearrange-anything/m-p/705943/highlight/true#M93188 and found the solution!!! 🙂 The thins was that although I was not visually seeing the song moving (dragging) and the GREEN LINE cue indicating where the song will fall, I thought it was not working, but actually it was working, so as soon as I deactivated one Active filter in the columns, the song was where I dragged it before in the visual-unsuccessful-attempts.

My Suggestion to improve the User Experience is that when the user is trying to drag a song and the playlist is filtered by an active filter on any of the columns, the app should display a tooltip warning that in order to visually see the song dragging within the list, the user should make sure that all filters are INACTIVE to make that work.

jEwgcG7ndG.gif
1 Reply

Hey @martziano, welcome to the Community.

This sounds like a good idea! I’d suggest starting a new thread in the Community Ideas Exchange.

This’ll allow users, Stars, and Moderators to vote and comment on it 🙂

Suggested posts