Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Recent issues with songs not being consistently playable.

Solved!

Recent issues with songs not being consistently playable.

Why can I play just about anything I want as long as I do it via my phone or Amazon echo devices. But if I attempt to listen on my PC or Mac with the spotify app, many items I try to play gives me the: "This song is not available. If you have the file on your computer you can import it." 

I am not sharing ANY local music with spotify at this time. So it's not a case of missing files, these are albums and tracks searched for and found in the spotify app that seem to play on every device but my PC.

I can even control the playback and song selection on the PC, so long as it's playing on the alternate device, but it stops once I attempt to change "listening on" to "This Computer".

I, personally, have never noticed this behavior in the past. What gives? 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

It turns out this WAS related to local files, even though I had already unchecked everything under Local Files in preferences. Here is the entire solution (for Windows) that worked for me.

1. Open preferences
  2. Turn off everything under Local Files
  3. Shut down Spotify
  4. Delete %AppData%\Roaming\Spotify\Users\{your id}-user\local-files.bnk
  5. Start spotify

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

It turns out this WAS related to local files, even though I had already unchecked everything under Local Files in preferences. Here is the entire solution (for Windows) that worked for me.

1. Open preferences
  2. Turn off everything under Local Files
  3. Shut down Spotify
  4. Delete %AppData%\Roaming\Spotify\Users\{your id}-user\local-files.bnk
  5. Start spotify

Suggested posts