Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Recently Played Artists Does Not Update (Mac OS)

Recently Played Artists Does Not Update (Mac OS)

Plan - Premium

Country - USA (California)

Device

(iPhone 7+, iPad Air 2, MacBook Pro mid 2014)

Operating System

(iOS 12.1, MacOS 10.13.6 High Sierra)

My Question or Issue

I use Spotify on my iPhone, iPad, and MacBook Pro (sometimes the web player as well). On the computer version, installed on my MacBook Pro, the "Recently Played" section never updates. It always says, "Nothing here yet. Music will appear as you listen." ALWAYS. I listen constantly on all my devices. 

It should also be noted that this section updates instantly on my mobile devices, and shows in the web player - just never on the computer version.

I have read countless other posts, and followed all the instructions as to privacy settings within the app itself, uninstall/reinstall (and I use a very good app remover which gets all the files and folders everywhere on the computer, so I know it is a good clean install). I have tried installing from both the site, and direct download from the web. I have logged in and out on all my devices constantly, and still no update. 

Again, this only happens in the computer version on my Mac. Can someone please advise on how to fix this. I feel as though paying the monthly fee to have premium should come with functional software. Help!

Many thanks in advance for your time and attention in this matter.

Screen Shot 2018-11-22 at 02.25.12.pngScreen Shot 2018-11-22 at 02.25.43.png

1 Reply

Hello @ariscotle!

It sounds like you're experiencing this Ongoing Issue. Make sure to follow all the troubleshooting steps there and add your vote and comments so Spotify can solve it as soon as possible. 

Hope this helps and have a nice day!

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts