Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Recently Played Artists not Updating

Recently Played Artists not Updating

It's been over 2 weeks and my "Recently Played Artist" tab on my profile has not updated. I have a Macbook Pro and also an iPhone 5S that I use Spotify on CONSTANTLY. Anyone know a way to get it refreshed and working again? I've tried logging out, redownloading, all that jazz and nothin' 😕 

6 Replies

Hey there @stephdespins and welcome to the community! Is this happenign on both devices or just one? 

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Hey thanks!

It's happening to both deivices. 

Hmm...can you post all of your specs and we can take a look at the settings? Follow the link here to find out more about how to resolve iOS Problems

If that doesn't work, I recommend reaching out directly to Spotify Support. They can be reached through their Twitter Page @SpotifyCares or through the online contact form.

Make sure to check your inbox and junk folder for an email from Spotify. Once you get it, make sure to reply back right away, even if it says it's from a "no-reply" email.

Cheers!

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

In my experience with Spotify the "Recently Played" section is taken from the sharing to Facebook data. This means that if you do not have the "Share my activity on Facebook" the recently playted scetion will be empty or "stuck". On the other hand it looks like Facebook's "Recent Top Music" section is updated more frequently than Spotify;s own Recently Played.

If you like using the "Your Music" feature have in mind that you are LIMITED to 10 000 tracks. If you want this to be fixed vote for this post

Sure thing! (I also turned on my Facebook update for Spotify incase that might have something to do with it) 

1. The last time you noticed an update: About 2 weeks ago, my "recently played artist" tab updated

2. Your device: Macbook Pro and iPhone 5S

3. Your app version: most recent (Not sure how to find the exact version) 

That's weird... it usually updates once a week

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts