Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Recently Played has stopped working...

Recently Played has stopped working...

'Recently Played' used to work in such a way that if you deleted that oldest album in the list, it would be replaced by the one before it.
Now, for some reason, when you delete that last one, you are left with an empty 'slot'. See the screenshot which illustrates this. If I were to delete "Bloom", I'd be left with another empty space.

Does anyone know why this has stopped functioning, and how to fix it? It's very frustrating as this feature was a useful way to 'go back'.

Many thanks.

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

(iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015)

Operating System

(iOS X EL CAPITAN, 10.11.6 (15G22010)

spotify.jpg
4 Replies

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

I'd also suggest updating to macOS 10.14.6 🙂

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

thanks, will try the steps you mentioned.

i can't update my imac's ios as that will mean my graphic designs programs which i rely on for work, and purchased some years ago, will no longer be compatible.

if i do a clean reinstall will that make me lose any playlists/saved songs?

i just don't understand why it started to behave differently and wouldn't fill the space with previously listened to albums, as indicated in the screenshot.
do you know how far back you can go? how many "recently played" items does it save?

many thanks again! 🙂

Hey @maxartist23,

Nothing will get changed in your account, only the app will be reinstalled. Don't worry 🙂

It should be 30 items in there.

You probably have played plenty of stuff recently so it should be filled but it's not, right?

Thanks 🙂

yes 30 area visible, but how many are "stored"?
because if you delete the 30th album, then it gets replaced with the 31st.
so just wondering how far back does it actually save your recently played items?

many thanks!

Suggested posts