Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Recently played artist not updating

Recently played artist not updating

Plan

Premium

Operating System

macOS Catalina 10.15.3

My Question or Issue

Yet another post about recently played artists not updating! There's a number of posts regarding this that have been closed claiming that it's been fixed.. it hasn't, it's still an issue.. mine hasn't updated in weeks!

3 Replies

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

Try using the Sign Out Everywhere and Remove Offline Devices from your Spotify's account page as well 🙂

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

None of those suggestions worked. It's also occurring across all my devices, two computers, Apple TV, iPhone, and the Web Player.

When I use the Spotify Web Player, and browse to https://www.spotify.com/us/ first, the covers on that page are the most albums I've listened to most recently (see attached image), but when I click on "Open Web Player" the albums listed are ones I played weeks ago.. hardly recent.

Screen Shot 2020-02-26 at 9.51.21 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2020-02-26 at 9.51.34 PM.jpg

This is still an unresolved issue..

Suggested posts