Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Recently played artists won't show up

Recently played artists won't show up

Plan

Premium

Country

Lithuania

Device

Macbook Air

Operating System

macOS High Sierra

My Question or Issue

I always take a look on my recently played artists and always keep them on, however, today my friend logged out of my account and logged into his and when he went to look at my profile (while logged into his) there was no option to see my recently played artists. I, then, logged back into my account and the option was also gone for me to look at my recently played artists while being logged into my own account. Then i went into settings and saw that for some reason my top artists were turned off, anyway, even after turning them on I still have no recently played artists section on my profile. I really need it. What could be the problem?

5 Replies

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

Could you try it on a mobile device? Have you tried upgrading to macOS Mojave, the current latest version of macOS? 🙂

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

Hello, I deleted and re-installed my Spotify application and now it shows my recently played artists to me, but then I tried to look it up from my family member's account (from another MacBook) and to them, it didn't show up. So the solution was half working, any ideas on how I could fix the issue, so my top artists show up to anyone? Thank you already!

Hey @emvan,

Thanks for letting me know 🙂

Does it work if you try another internet connection?

Do you have any pending updates to install?

Let me know how it goes.

Hey,

well, I even updated my MacBook to Mojave and it doesn't seem to change a thing. The Top Artist feature won't show up for other people, who are looking into my account. And it seems to randomly turn off in my settings without me doing anything.

Hey there,

Could you wait a few days to see if it needs some time to fully take effect?

If it's still not solved, is it okay if you create a new account?

Please let me know 🙂

Suggested posts