Plan

Premium

Country

Czech Republic

Device

Macbook Pro late 2016

Operating System

macOS 11.1

Hello team, since about 2-3 weeks back, the Recently played view disappeared from my home page. I can't find it anywhere, also the clean re-install didn't help as well.

Thanks

6 Replies

Re: Recently played missing

Hi @Filippilny

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

Could you let us know if this is only happening on your PC or on another device too?

On another note, you mentioned that you've already run a clean reinstall, but could you check if you've followed these specific steps?

Also - sending us the exact make/model, operating system and Spotify version of your device would come in handy. 

We'll keep an eye out for your reply 🙂

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Regular

Hi,

Yes, the steps I did were the ones that you linked.

It's happening on my Mac, and also on the web version (however I dont use the web version so I dont know if the feature was there in the first place). On my iPhone X the recently played is there and working correctly.

Exact details are:

MacBookPro13,3 (MLH32LL/A*)

OS is macOS 11.1 Big Sur (build 20C69)

Spotify version: 1.1.48.625.g1c87c7f7-a

Thanks

Hey @Filippilny,

Thank you for getting back in touch with us.

Can you log in with another account on the device - such as a friend's or a family member's to see if the issue persist?

Keep us posted 🙂

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Regular

Hello team, 

This morning I tried my sisters account on my Mac, the layout is completely different to when my account was logged in... I believe she still has the old layout.. And so, the layout she has still had the Last Played option, and it was being updated when I played something new. Her Spotify app version on her Mac is 1.1.48.625.g1c87c7f7. So same as mine but without the "-a".

I suspect that this is another kind of A/B testing Spotify is doing, may I kindly ask that my account is removed from such random and obtrusive tests?

I dont like being a testing sheep as a paying customer and the features of my app I pay for being removed. 

Thank you

Hi there @Filippilny,

Thanks for the reply and going through this troubleshooting.

Currently there isn't a way to manually determine which account take part in which tests. We recommend that you create a new account and see if the Recently Played section appears there after using it for some time. If that's the case, you can use the steps in this Spotify Answer to transfer all your music and followers. This way nothing will get lost. 

Note that the new account may not have the New Desktop experience layout.

Hope you find this info useful.

Cheers.

AlexModerator

“With freedom, flowers, books, and the moon, who could not be perfectly happy?” ― Oscar Wilde

Regular

Hello Alex, 

And then if the new account wont fix this, am I just supposed to keep creating new accounts until I find the one that has all the features that I paid for? What if I want to still keep the email address I use now? Won't creating new account also remove my year in reviews and all the recommendations I have based on the +- 5 years of using Spotify?

I am sorry, but this "solution", which you dont even know if it will work, is totally unacceptable.

SUGGESTED POSTS