Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Recently played missing

Recently played missing

Plan

Premium

Country

Czech Republic

Device

Macbook Pro late 2016

Operating System

macOS 11.1

Hello team, since about 2-3 weeks back, the Recently played view disappeared from my home page. I can't find it anywhere, also the clean re-install didn't help as well.

Thanks

17 Replies

Hi @Filippilny

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

Could you let us know if this is only happening on your PC or on another device too?

On another note, you mentioned that you've already run a clean reinstall, but could you check if you've followed these specific steps?

Also - sending us the exact make/model, operating system and Spotify version of your device would come in handy. 

We'll keep an eye out for your reply 🙂

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hi,

Yes, the steps I did were the ones that you linked.

It's happening on my Mac, and also on the web version (however I dont use the web version so I dont know if the feature was there in the first place). On my iPhone X the recently played is there and working correctly.

Exact details are:

MacBookPro13,3 (MLH32LL/A*)

OS is macOS 11.1 Big Sur (build 20C69)

Spotify version: 1.1.48.625.g1c87c7f7-a

Thanks

Hey @Filippilny,

Thank you for getting back in touch with us.

Can you log in with another account on the device - such as a friend's or a family member's to see if the issue persist?

Keep us posted 🙂

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hello team, 

This morning I tried my sisters account on my Mac, the layout is completely different to when my account was logged in... I believe she still has the old layout.. And so, the layout she has still had the Last Played option, and it was being updated when I played something new. Her Spotify app version on her Mac is 1.1.48.625.g1c87c7f7. So same as mine but without the "-a".

I suspect that this is another kind of A/B testing Spotify is doing, may I kindly ask that my account is removed from such random and obtrusive tests?

I dont like being a testing sheep as a paying customer and the features of my app I pay for being removed. 

Thank you

Hi there @Filippilny,

Thanks for the reply and going through this troubleshooting.

Currently there isn't a way to manually determine which account take part in which tests. We recommend that you create a new account and see if the Recently Played section appears there after using it for some time. If that's the case, you can use the steps in this Spotify Answer to transfer all your music and followers. This way nothing will get lost. 

Note that the new account may not have the New Desktop experience layout.

Hope you find this info useful.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello Alex, 

And then if the new account wont fix this, am I just supposed to keep creating new accounts until I find the one that has all the features that I paid for? What if I want to still keep the email address I use now? Won't creating new account also remove my year in reviews and all the recommendations I have based on the +- 5 years of using Spotify?

I am sorry, but this "solution", which you dont even know if it will work, is totally unacceptable.

Hello Alex, can you provide me any new udpates? 

I think it would be appropriate that I as a paying customer get a response on my problem, you have not replied for over a week.

Thanks

This is so rude. Why are they not answering you? I don’t have your problem with app, it’s something similar but I also created multiple accounts and my bug is still there in every account I created and they don’t know how to fix it.
So I’m really curious how they would respond to your last post.

Hello again, any updates?

Hi @Filippilny

Sorry for the delayed reply. 

We’re always testing possible improvements and new features, so you might see something on the app that other users don't, or get a brand-new feature for only a temporary period.

We really value your feedback as it helps inform our decisions going forward, and we'll be sure to pass this on to the right folks here at Spotify.

If you have any questions, just let us know!

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hello Eni,

I don't think that we understand each other. I didn't get a brand new feature, a brand old feature was removed for me. Why I should be getting less features than what other users are getting? Why I, as a premium user, get features removed?

Temporary period? My desktop player is missing "recently played" for about two months. A feature almost all other music players have. 

I have some questions, why there is no opt-in into these "brand-new feature tests" that jsut remove features? Second question, how can I get my old player back?

Thanks

Hi @Filippilny

Thanks for your reply. 

We're sorry for the confusion, we understand that this isn't a new feature. 

However, when we're testing things it's possible that old features are removed or new ones are added.

At the moment, it isn't possible to opt in or out of these tests, but we appreciate your feedback on the matter, and rest assured, we'll pass it on to the right team

If you need anything else, just let us know.

EniModerator

Hi team,

so in that case, I'd like to get a refund or discount for my subscription, because I see no reason why I should pay full price and get these stupid tests, where I get less features than other people.

Thank you

Hey @Filippilny

Thanks for getting back to us. 

Could you check if you can see the Recently Played hub located in the Home tab of the app? If you still can't see it there, send us a screenshot displaying how the Home section of the app looks on your end. You can attach the image to your next response to us by using the Insert Photos option in the post editor. 

For more info regarding Spotify's refund policy we suggest having a look here

Looking forward to your reply. Enjoy your day! 

Hi,

Screen of my home page added, I still cannot see the Last played.

As for the refund, the page doesn't mention a case where features get removed as compared to other people who still have the features, even though we pay the same price, I get less features.

Snímek obrazovky 2021-02-22 v 16.10.04.png

Hi there @Filippilny,

Thanks for the reply.

In this case you can share your feedback on the New Desktop Experience thread. This is passed on directly to the dev team who are trying to make the app better in future updates. This involves releasing and removing certain features.

What you can do is create a new test account and use that for some time. See if you'll have access to the Recently Played section there. If so, you can follow the steps from this guide to transfer your music library over.

Hope you find this info useful.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

1. So, seeing it as most people hate the UI, you are absolutely not willing to change anything about it, or to even remove my account from this horrible beta test I DID NOT SIGNED UP FOR, I was forced to cancel my subscription and switch to AM. It's sad to see how you stopped valuing your customers which have been with you, and paying you for over 5 years.

Suggested posts