Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Release Notes - Spotify for Desktop 1.0.6

Solved!

Release Notes - Spotify for Desktop 1.0.6

DesktopRelease.png

What's new in this version (1.0.6):

• You can now filter playlists to find tracks with ease.
  • Long playlists load quickly after sorting.
  • Added hard techno to your Soft Lullabies mix? Ctrl-Z (or Cmd-Z) to undo.
  • Copy Embed Code is now in the menu. Just right-click on a track.
Community Ergo Sum

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I notice the Friend Feed option has been removed from the View menu.  Since half my friend feeds stop updating seemingly at random, toggling the Friend Feed off/on was the only way to force the feed to refresh and show me what they've been listening to (aside from restarting the program).  Now it's buried in Preferences and harder than ever to see what my friends are up to.  😞

I wouldn't have a complaint about moving that option if the friend feed worked to begin with.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

In the settings you have now the ption to choose to always close to tray, unless you want to keep close button closing the application

View solution in original post

103 Replies

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I can't see the update on about menu.

CTRL+F is back finally and undo shortcut looks like useful.

What about CMD-F/Ctrl-F on artist page and local files?

Still no sorting of playlists?! Seriously? These new features are a waste of time. What's the bloody point of making playlists core to your app when we can't manage them themselves with ease?

Get someone with a clue in charge - this feature is one of the mostly highly requested features. Sorting is NOT complicated. You already maintain some very arbitary order so proving a feature to sort the list of playlists is as simple as gettging a dev to spend 2 hours on this. 

So frustrated.

Few notes from me playing around with it briefly today:

Pros:

• The new filter behaviour is nice in playlists, I like having the search resulted highlighted for you. Seems to behave by letting you play from filtered results as well, which is good. 
  • Does feel a bit snappier than previous v1.0.x versions in some places.

Cons:

• No filtering in Your Music, local files or artist pages. I know the release is for playlists only, but I don't see why it couldn't have been worked into those sections at the same time. Songs is essentially one massive playlist, why leave it out?
  • Your Music Artists and Albums are still a mess with loading quickly. You can click a section, it'll sit there loading endlessly, then you click again and it'll suddenly appear.

Clicking album art to jump to track is still not working correctly. If a playlist is already sorted by one of the columns when you click album art it often jumps to the wrong track. If the playlist is not sorted the album art click works and then you can sort the column after that and it keeps working, but once you come back to the playlist and it's alread sorted it stops working correctly.

Awesome to have "Playlist Filter" back (Ctrl+F)! Now please keep the awesomeness going and bring back "custom cache locations" too? 😄

@xankazo wrote:

Awesome to have "Playlist Filter" back (Ctrl+F)! Now please keep the awesomeness going and bring back "custom cache locations" too? 😄

And provide such filtering for "Your Music". This has bee absent from the start on desktop while mobile had it from start.

If you like using the "Your Music" feature have in mind that you are LIMITED to 10 000 tracks. If you want this to be fixed vote for this post

I don't get any badges on my subscribed playlists showing how many new songs that were added.

Other than that, I'm very glad that search is back! Now just implement it in Your Music and local files as well.

AppleScripting issues are still not fixed. I don't know why I even expected them to be fixed.

YES. Finally you've re-implemented playlist search. That's all I've been waiting for for months. It has been FAR. TOO. LONG.

Now.. please don't ever do that again.

Finally playlist filtering. Thank god. Although it would be nice if it didnt take me all the way back to the top of my playlist when I hit CTRL-F and just kept me at the same position.

When the ctr+f function its going to come back?

@ignaciopineda wrote:
When the ctr+f function its going to come back?

It has been returned but only for playlists so the Your Music sections or Local music do not have it. That will be coming in "future" update as always.

If you like using the "Your Music" feature have in mind that you are LIMITED to 10 000 tracks. If you want this to be fixed vote for this post

Sorry, I have 1.0.6.80 on Windows and I still don't see filter input field. Ctrl-F does nothing. 😞

I don't get any badges on my subscribed playlists showing how many new songs that were added !!

Hello Can someone read?!?!?!?!

Awesome work guys! 

Seems snappier and the new filter search is just amazing!

Also kudos for finally porting to 64 bit on OS X 🙂

Small bug I found in 1.06, occasionally after starting Spotify, going to a playlist, then going to an artist page from the notifications, then back to the original playlist, I am unable to left click to select tracks. All it wants to do is show me the Play icon to the left of the tracks, but clicking on them doesn't highlight them in grey. If I go to another playlist and then come back it fixes this.

Marked as solution

I notice the Friend Feed option has been removed from the View menu.  Since half my friend feeds stop updating seemingly at random, toggling the Friend Feed off/on was the only way to force the feed to refresh and show me what they've been listening to (aside from restarting the program).  Now it's buried in Preferences and harder than ever to see what my friends are up to.  😞

I wouldn't have a complaint about moving that option if the friend feed worked to begin with.

Suggested posts