Remember Playlist Scroll Position

Plan

Premium

Operating System

macOS

Spotify Version

1.1.56.595.g2d2da0de-a

My Question or Issue

After Spotify updated to the newest version, in playlists where I'm scrolled down to the bottom, when I go to another playlist and come back to it, I'm automatically bought back to the top, not where I last was. In the version before the new update, it retained the last position. Please bring this back, for I keep this playlist sorted by Date Added, descending so I can play the songs in the order they were added to it.

7 Replies

Hey there @aarlihn

Thanks for reaching out about this. 

We always strive to improve our app and the experience with it, and we appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us. 

You can also head here to find more information about the New Desktop Experience. You can also share your feedback in the thread. 

If anything else comes up, don't hesitate to let us know.

Cheers.

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I'm finding this super annoying since the update. Happens in just about every scenario that involves scrolling...playlists, saved albums, artist discographies, etc. Anytime you click to explore something and go back, you're scrolled to the top of the page. Like bad e-commerce UX.

Before the update, the scroll position was retained when switching between playlists. Now, with the resetting of the scroll position, the usability of the playlist became much worse.

Hi there @sidewinder03 and @hcboy,

Thank you for your replies and feedback.

We're always testing things by adding or removing features to make Spotify better overall and we’re constantly aiming to improve our features. We’re sorry that this means you’re not able to use Spotify like you wish to do at the moment.

If you think this feature will appeal to other users you can always create an idea on the relevant idea board. We always take new ideas and feedback into consideration to improve the app. 

You can read more about how your feedback reaches Spotify here.

Once again - thanks for the feedback, we appreciate it. Let us know if we can help you with anything else. 

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

It seems like the app resets everything as soon as you visit a new page. I am trying to make a playlist from my saved albums on desktop and want to open up my albums to see what songs I want to add into the playlist. But when I open the albums and then go back after i'm done I go back to the top of the page and have to load the albums i was just looking at again. I tried going back immediately after opening an album and found myself back at the top, so it seems like as soon as you open a new page the desktop app doesn't even bother to remember where you where. Maybe something went wrong with how the desktop app handles the cache.

If it was intended, please revert, it is nothing but pain. It made it so much harder to make a playlist from albums i've liked. Also make it so when you heart an album it hearts all of the songs in that album too.

this makes me not want to use the desktop app much anymore. it's extremely annoying. i always go in my library to the artists page, then i click on an artist and when i go back i want to be at the position where i left off and not at the top. please change it to the way it was before!

Super annoying... There is almost no point in longer than 20 songs playlists as they keep restarting from the beginning whenever I switch between them...

Suggested posts