Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Removal of desktop notifications

Removal of desktop notifications

On May 15th, we will be turning off the in-app notifications "bell" on desktop. We are continuously working to improve and simplify our notifications features, and this change will allow us to shift our focus to email and push notifications. We are also working on completely new ways of keeping you up-to-date with new album releases, helping you discover new music, and know what your friends are up to.

To make sure you have your email and push notifications set up the way you'd like, check out the steps here.

Please share any feedback you have here in the Community. We're listening, and will pass it all on to the team.

1,243 Replies

Why are you guys removing useful features without providing an alternative? Why do you constantly make it hard for us to like you? Why should I pay you if you do not listen to your users? Why do you have this community section at all when you simply ignore us?

Just post your feedback here:
https://www.facebook.com/SpotifyCares/

a) I don't have a FaceBook account. b) What's the point of community.spotify.com then?

Could you focus a little more on push notifications then? I cannot remember the last time I actually received one.

No idea but at least they respond to users there...

Come on guys...at least save our release radar's from previous weeks!  I don't wanna have to change services, but we are looking at a deal breaker here.

I would prefer to know when the acts I follow put out new music. Whether that means a bell or a whistle or an email or whatever, please let me know. Thanks!

But why

IFTTT can save a dynamic playlist into a second playlist. You can use it to "back up" your release radar for you.

IFTTT can save a dynamic playlist into a second playlist. You can use it to "back up" your release radar for you.

I'd like to add my recommendation that you bring the notification icon back. I, like everyone else here, use it all the time in the desktop version. 

and now when i go to artists that i follow, it doesn't even say that i'm following them.  the reason this is important: becuase when i go through my release radar playlist to eliminate tracks from artists that you have 'suggested' instead of artists i have previously followed, NONE of the artists show me as 'following' them on their home page. EVEN THE ONES I HAVE FOLLWED FOR YEARS.  but if i go to my profile, or search the artist in the search bar, the status is accurate.

could you please direct me to the 'we sit around all day and struggle to come up with more ways to make you frustrated and question your subscriptiuon to our service" department?  i really would like to speak with someopne about this. 

shame on me for still paying you people.

hydrogeochick, are you on a current version of Spotify? Or intentionally running an older release?

hydrogeochick, are you on a current version of Spotify? Or intentionally running an older release?

1.0.44.100.ga60c0ce1

Pretty sure it updated today....

Just checking.. I ran an old client a few months ago it wasn't showing followed artists as such.

Just checking.. I ran an old client a few months ago it wasn't showing followed artists as such.

Spotify, how stupid are you? Really

Please at all. Write your opinion to https://www.facebook.com/SpotifyCares/.

Otherwise nothing will change.

my feedback is very simple.  this change sucks.

Suggested posts