Announcements
Hi folks! We're aware of reports about your Wrapped stories misbehaving and we're looking into it. We've managed to fix the issue with the Wrapped banner/stories not showing up. More info here. If the stories cause your app to stop responding, please subscribe here. Also, check out our Wrapped FAQ for answers to common questions.

Removal of desktop notifications

Highlighted

Re: Removal of desktop notifications

Regular

Dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb. Companion for Spotify does let me know when acts I follow have new releases out but it would be so much easier to get the info within Spotify itself. Release Radar is ok but it obviously doesn't perform the task as required. I'm not expecting any change but it is a little bit fun to renew acquaintances on the thread every few months. Sigh.

Highlighted

Music Fan

I've just gone through all the solutions and marked them as 'not the solution' and, weirdly, that seems to have cleared them - unless that's just from my perspective.

Highlighted

Music Fan

Looks like that worked ! 

Highlighted

Music Fan

Exactly ! Coding Is simple .. new song .. send notification to all artist followers. Can't be that hard and doubt would take that much to maintain. 

Highlighted

Regular

Not sure if this will work as a link, but everyone here should maybe vote in this thread if they haven't already.

[Desktop] Bring back Notifications from followed Artists

Highlighted

Music Fan

It doesn't

Highlighted

Regular

I searched for the term on the search box, and was able to vote on it.  This annoys me so much.

Highlighted

Music Fan

Also searched but I'd already voted. It's not just the artist notifications though, they've stopped playlist notifications too so if a playlist you follow gets updated, no notification. 

Not only that but the push/email notifications don't work either!! Not for me anyway. It's a complete cluster****!

Highlighted

Music Fan

If you try to understand and analyze the algorithms and suggestions Spotify will now hunt you down with legal action it seems :

https://torrentfreak.com/spotify-threatened-researchers-who-revealed-pirate-history-171006/

Highlighted

The Discover -> Your Release Radar just isn't the same. The release radar is half irrelevant, repeats it self week to week and doesn't show what I want. I want a simple list of new release from the artists that I follow that persist over time so I can browse like a release history of all the artists i follow.

Very disappointed

SUGGESTED POSTS