Announcements
Hi folks! We're aware of reports about your Wrapped stories misbehaving and we're looking into it. We've managed to fix the issue with the Wrapped banner/stories not showing up. More info here. If the stories cause your app to stop responding, please subscribe here. Also, check out our Wrapped FAQ for answers to common questions.

Removal of desktop notifications

Highlighted

Re: Removal of desktop notifications

Regular

You can downgrade and get the playlist notifications back. Search for rollback or downgrade spotify. I'm using 0.9.12.10 that I found on the web somewhere.

Highlighted

Music Fan

It is 2018 now and I've still not forgotten how good the times with the bell were!

Highlighted

Regular

Sigh

Highlighted

Music Fan

I'm enjoying my Tidal - since you took this feature.

Highlighted

Gig Goer

I assume their focus is more on generating money and getting new users onboard than this minor technical issue. 

Albeit being technical minor, it was the best feature of Spotify. Currently I'm using external tools for tracking new releases. None of these being picture perfect <sigh>

Highlighted

Just decided not to renew my premium after I remembered they took this away from us.

It used to be so fun back in the days until they started cutting out every single feature we love.

Highlighted

user-removed
Not applicable

How many more responses does Spotify need to bring back the feature thousands of people are asking for and millions would enjoy?

Highlighted

Music Fan

There is something ... on the Discover page, below "Playlists Made Just For You" and "Top Recommendations For You" is "New Releases For You" where you can see 15 latest releases from followed artists.

Highlighted

Music Fan

I'm not able to find that list... maybe it is not rolled out for everyone... All I have is "Release Radar" which uses some proprietary algorithm for choosing for me which releases i "want" to see and which not -.-...

This is just nothing compared back to the good, old bell days!

Highlighted

Casual Listener

I also got that New Releases For you -section but there is a really random selection of bands and artists. Completely made by algorithm based on what have I listened. And it has nothing to do with bands I follow.

As a sidenote, most of them are single releases, and there are no signs to indicate that. Basically this section is like Release Radar torn apart; the songs are put behind individual single albums. So it's all about clicking back and forth to find a next song. At least using Release Radar you can listen more songs in a row. But that does not make it any viable product. 

SUGGESTED POSTS