Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

SOLVED [macOS] Cannot pause or play Spotify using space bar after minimizing using Command+W

Solved!

SOLVED [macOS] Cannot pause or play Spotify using space bar after minimizing using Command+W

Issue Solved as of latest Spotify Desktop version

If not prompted for update, navigate to top-left corner -> Spotify -> About Spotify -> "There is a new update available"

Device

M1 MacBook Air 2020

Operating System

macOS Big Sur 11.5.2

My Question or Issue

After hiding / minimizing Spotify using Command+W (on macOS), play/pause functionality with the space bar does not work until clicking on the Spotify UI to fully focus the application. Other Spotify hotkeys such as Command+Left Arrow and Command+Right Arrow still function in this state, but not the space bar for play/pause. A demonstration of the issue can be found below.

Video of the Issue (w/ Audio)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLHL7jwh_7g&ab_channel=AlfoKenny 

I should note that this was not an issue before. This is a relatively new issue that got so unbearable I had to submit a bug report about it.

21 Replies

Hey there folks,

Thanks for letting us know that everything is working fine after updating.

That's great news 🙂 We hope the issue doesn't reappear, but we remain here for you if need be. Remember to always keep your apps updated, so you never miss on any fixes or new features being released.

Have a good one and stay safe!

Kiril Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I still have the issue for a while, now on version:

Spotify for macOS (Apple Silicon)
1.2.14.1149.ga3ae422d

Suggested posts