Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Saved Song to Favorite Songs

Saved Song to Favorite Songs

Plan - Premium

Unitend Kingdom

MacOS

I love how random users get selected for new features to test, however it would be nice to be informed of this beforehand.

I don't agree with how saved songs has become favorite (favourite in the UK). I would rather it stayed the same with saved songs with the addition of a favorite section. 

Personally I'm not a fan of the heart either, I find it looks a little tacky compared the old standard tick and plus icons. I also find it looks really obtrusive seeing songs that are in a playlist with an outlined heart and solid hearts next to the titles.

Screen Shot 2018-07-05 at 10.55.16.png
7 Replies

I also hate this too...

It's a weird middle ground between saved songs and the old star-system Spotify originally used.

I'd like there to be an option for hearting and disliking tracks that directly sends personal preference to Spotify. Apple Music does this quite well.

For me, a music library and a list of loved songs are two separate things. As always though, Spotify show that nobody in the building actually using/testing updates from the perspective of music lovers.

Ben

Hey @Scaalees & @benknight73, welcome to the Community.

Hope you both are having a great time!

Nothing to worry! Spotify is undertaking some changes and Songs folder name is now Favorite Songs. Another change is that the + and Follow buttons are changed to a ♥︎.
You will be able to Follow artists and playlists by tapping that heart which will add the to Your library, but don't worry they won't be added to your Favorite Songs yet. When you open a playlist or when exploring an artisits page for songs you can tap ♥︎ again this time to save them in Favorite Songs.
Spotify has done this change to make one universal icon to add something to your library! ♥︎

Have a nice day!

I'm sorry Spotify but all I want is simply two things, a Personal Library and a Favourite Songs Playlist. I'm not sure where you get a idea that combining them together is a UX upgrade. 

It starts with the whole Spotify Library, songs labeling with just a plus icon. So a song could be added to my Personal Library, changed to a tick icon. If I love it enough I could add it to my Favourite Songs Playlist, with a heart icon now. Simple enough.

In the past, I just "tick" the songs to my Personal Library. Then I could create my own favourite playlists if necessary. Now my library is messing up because of your "upgrade".

@fishko17 wrote:

I'm sorry Spotify but all I want is simply two things, a Personal Library and a Favourite Songs Playlist. I'm not sure where you get a idea that combining them together is a UX upgrade. 

It starts with the whole Spotify Library, songs labeling with just a plus icon. So a song could be added to my Personal Library, changed to a tick icon. If I love it enough I could add it to my Favourite Songs Playlist, with a heart icon now. Simple enough.

In the past, I just "tick" the songs to my Personal Library. Then I could create my own favourite playlists if necessary. Now my library is messing up because of your "upgrade".

This. Exactly this.

You're making no sense.

It's always great to see new changes and improvments coming to Spotify!

It dosen't make a ton of sense to me however, that they've removed two very different buttons and replaced them with one icon that serves difference purposes depending on it's location with no supporting information. How are users supposed to know that clicking the heart wont add songs them to their favorite library when thats the symbol that's in their favorite library? 

I'd love more clarification in the client around the different uses of this new icon. 

Thanks 🙂 

"Nothing to worry! Spotify is undertaking some changes and Songs folder name is now Favorite Songs. Another change is that the + and Follow buttons are changed to a ♥︎."

Why? It doesn't make any sense? As the others have explained there is a big difference between wanting something in your library and it being a favorite. With every change your app is getting worse and worse.

Suggested posts