Plan

Premium

Country

United States

Device

MacBook Air 2017 13"

Operating System

macOS 10.13.6 High Sierra

I have Spotify Desktop version 1.1.38.558.g4b100958 on my Mac, and I am no longer seeing my albums in my library.  There is a Sort drop down, where I have selected to sort by Artist.  However, there are only 4 of my albums showing instead of all of them in alphabetical order sorted by artist.  Under that, there is a Recommended albums section, but it appears to be in some randomized order.  If I change to Recently Added, I can see all of my albums again, but I can not easily find what I am looking for in that order.

Thanks, 

James

4 Replies

Hey there @steakman41,

Thanks for reaching out! We'll happily help you sort this one out 🙂

We recommend that you follow the steps here to do a clean reinstall of the app. Sometimes files get corrupted and can cause such behavior and this is an easy fix.

If the issue persists, could you please log in to our web player and check whether or not your saved albums are displayed correctly there?

Could you also send us a screenshot of what you are seeing? This would help us a lot in identifying the root cause of the problem. Just make sure to hide any personal or sensitive information.

Hope this helps. Let us know how you get on.

Have a great day!

Had the same problem,

And to add to that, when you remove an album and add it again to the library it becomes visible again when sorting alphabetically. But my library contains dozens of albums so that's not feasible.

Above solution helped for me. But if you are on Mac (as me) be careful with step 9. This resulted in some files that were owned by different applications. I decided to completely skip step 9, with success.

I have the exact same issue. I'm on MacOS High Sierra 10.13.6 as well and running Spotify version 1.1.38.558.g4b100958. If in my Album view I sort by Artist or Title it only shows me the same 14 albums (of which I actually have hundreds). If I sort by recently added it shows all of them.

I seem to have the same issue.

I would rather have Spotify fix this without me having to reinstall the app.

Please let me know if I can provide you some details in private to find a fix.

Suggested posts