Free

Country

The Netherlands

Device

Mac

Operating System

El Capitan

My Question or Issue

I often have to restart Spotify. After listening to a few sons the main screen often turns black. I can access the left menu and go to Home, Browse etc., but no content appears in the main window. Also sometimes the Play button does nothing of random songs or playlists. But the most annoying thing is the main window turning black and clicking on Home, Browse etc. does nothing. I have to restart Spotify to make it work again. And then after listening to a few songs it turns black again. When I listen to a playlist for example or so a search (which also results in a black screen often though there are search results, I'm sure) and click on Home again.

I already disable Hardware Acceleration which was suggested in a similar topic. This seemingly has been going on for quite some years both on Windows and Mac. Why so hard to solve? Is there anything I can go myself?

1 Reply

Hey there @jiggywiggy1965

Thanks for posting on the Community about this.

Make sure you perform a clean reinstall of the Spotify app on your Mac as a first step. This will get you the latest app version with all necessary recent updates. Here you can read more on how to run a clean reinstall depending on the device you're using. 

If you see no change after this, check your hosts file for entries that need to be removed. Follow these steps on how to do that. 

Keep us posted! We'll be happy to lend a hand if you need more help. 

Suggested posts