Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Scrobbles to Last.FM not working properly

Scrobbles to Last.FM not working properly

Hi all!

Not sure if Spotify is the best place to look for this or if I should reach out to Last.fm. Recently, my scrobbles have not been saving. I'm able to see that Last.fm recognizes the song I'm listening to, but when the next song comes on it does not save my history.

Anyone running into the same issue? This is happening both on Mac and iOS versions of Spotify. I've logged out of last.fm on both devices and disconnected/reconnected to spotify on Last.fm's site.

7 Replies

Hi @user-removed and welcome to the Community! 🙂

I was having the same issue yesterday (scrobbling not saving) when I updated my iPhone app.

I got it all back online by changing my password with Last.FM and signing out and in on both Last and Spotify. I also had to reconnect the Spotify Scrobbler on the Last website under Settings>Applications.
I hope you can get it up and running soon! Have a great day! 🙂

Same issues but I'm using Windows. Tried changing passwords, disconnecting scrobbler, logging in and out, nothing helped so far.

Hi,

Last.fm sent out an email last week that scrobbling from Spotify changes. I've done what they wrote and now it works from every device and not a single track gets lost.

Here's the original mail from Last.fm:

We've recently added the ability to scrobble from any Spotify device by connecting your accounts from within your Last.fm settings. Soon this will be the only way that you can scrobble from Spotify to Last.fm, make sure you connect your accounts and click the button below now. 

Click here: https://www.last.fm/settings/applications - and connect "Spotify Scrobbling".

Doing so will enable you to scrobble from any Spotify device, keep all of your favorite Last.fm features up to date and of course not miss out on any scrobbles, because as you know... if it doesn't scrobble, it doesn't count 🙂

----

Hope that helps - it did for me 🙂

Enjoy and good luck

Hey

Cheers for the reply. Yeah, I got the same e-mail and connected through it and it worked fine. Until today.

Even currently I can see that I am connected but scrobbling is still messed up.

Hi @Forzelius 🙂

If you are still having issues connecting with Last.FM have you checked out their support announcement and troubleshooting tips? They have a way to contact them directly as well if nothing else works for you.

I can only speak for Apple devices, but so far mine have all been working still with no issue since they sent the email. Hopefully you can get it going again too! 🙂

Make sure you already connected from Spotify app, Setting>Connect Last.fm.

Then open Last.fm web, scroll down to the bottom of the page, click Download Scrobbler under Goodies. Find Spotify scrobbler. Click Connect. You're all set! 🙂

2018-05-30 09_35_31-Home _ Last.fm.png
2018-05-30 09_36_09-Track My Music _ Last.fm.png
2018-05-30 09_36_38-Track My Music _ Last.fm.png

I did all of this but I still can’t receive scrobbles from Spotify Mobile through the Mobile Last.FM app, though I still can on my laptop. A song appears to be scrobbling in the app and on the website, but when the song finishes, it doesn’t save the scrobble and just moves on to the next song. If you can help me in any way that would be much appreciated!

Suggested posts