Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Search Function does not work

Search Function does not work

Plan

Premium

Country

Sweden

Device

iPhone 7, Windows 10 computer

Operating System

iOS 11.4.1,Windows 10

My Question or Issue

The Search function work at all! Am I the only one with this problem?

7 Replies

Search doesn't work for me either on Mac desktop Spotify. Every search results in "No results found for ___..." No matter what I search. Restarted, logged off then in again. About to try some good old fashioned patience and stop listening for the day.
on Mac 10.13.5

Same for me. Maybe spotify is just bugging out? 

While I personally haven't been having any issues, I did notice a small update roll out recently. I wonder if that might've solved the issue for people who were experiencing it? What version of the Spotify client are you folks running?

Edit: Woops, I should've done my research before posting! According to a post from a Rock Star on another thread about the same issue (https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Mac/Search-is-broken/m-p/4532381/highlight/true#M533749), it's already been resolved! Hopefully that means it's working for all of you now 🙂

It isn't fixed. I have had this error for about a month on my phone, either it says I am offline and can't search (both on wifi and my LTE network...??), or just "Oops something went wrong" message. Device restarts do not help. I am a paying premium member, having no search function is kind of a shitty thing to have to deal with...

Hi @greenspider42 ,

I understand that youre paying for premium, and your phone about a month ago wouldnt let you search, saying your offline, correct? 

Premium accounts have the abilty to listen offline by choice, even when you have an internet connection. By the sounds of it, Your mobile version of spotify was in offline mode at that point in time. The reason this problem fixed itself is because are a default of 28 days, Spotify App automatically turns off offline mode. You can check to see if youre in offline mode by following this process (Mobile App Only):

1. Tap Your Library 
  2. Tap Settings 
  3. Tap Playback.
  4. Toggle on/off Offline.

Hope this helped, Happy Listening!

Nothing is in offline mode, or ever was. The error persists.

Hey @greenspider42!
I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps. Remeber to restart your device before reinstalling.

Also make sure you have the most up to date version of spotify. I know a new update just came out, that may have patched your problem.

Hope this helps, Happy Listening!

Suggested posts