Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Search Problems

Search Problems

I have a spotify account and it has been working fine for ages (bit slow). However lately, when I try to search for a song or an artist it keeps syaing that there are no results, or it will take ages to load and then not load properly. So basically I can't get anymore music right now. I'm not happy, I don't pay nearly £5 a month for a music system that won't allow me to add to my music.

What can I do to fix the problem?

11 Replies

I have the exact same problem. Neither the app for Mac or iPhone will search for anything. It says no results or "This search failed". Does anybody know why this is?

I can't find anything, it lists only my local files. The playlists, which I've created earlier play fine, but spotify crashes after a while. Soundrop also isn't playing anything. This is the second issue in a week, I'm paying for that -s h i t- 10€/month. Thinking about switching to alternatives.

I'm using Windows 8.

I have the same issue since the last update..... Spotify fix this! Or at least address this. Havent got a premium account for faulty ui.

Hi everyone!

Just checked with the staff over at Spotify; and apparently there is an issue with searching at the moment. They are working on it and it's slowly being fixed. Hopefully it will sort itself out soon!

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

Issues should now be resolved people 🙂

spotifystatus: The problems earlier should now be solved. Please let us know if you continue to experience any issues.

Original Message:
http://twitter.com/SpotifyStatus/status/331000403468644354

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Same here.... this sucks.

I'm using the online player for now...

@Vincentthilly If search isn't working for you in the desktop client, try logging out from the top menu and back in. That seems to fix things.

The search problem is stil here.

What exactly do you mean with "If search isn't working for you in the desktop client, try logging out from the top menu and back in. That seems to fix things."

The thing is that either my START or RADIO botton shows nothing in spotify. It is just black.

I have reinstalled, and logged in and out from spotify. Nothing works. When I search I get results that pops up under the searchengine like "google suggested search" but I can not click on them.  I get no hits in the normal search field. So annoying. Spotift has no contact info. Really sux.

I have a new HP elitebook 850 series win8 - all new updates. Spotify must be the problem

@andein - Can you try unticking both "Enable Hardware Acceleration" options under Edit > Preferences then restart Spotify (File > Exit to completely quit) and see if that makes any difference?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

@

Hello! I tired to deactivate this and closed spotify. Also logged off and in again. Same problem. I will attach an picture how it looks. It works fine in my mobile. And as I told I have completly removed spotify and re-installed the lates version. Maybe I should gop back to an old version? It is so strange.

Even though I get search info in the popup files I can not choose anything from here. Nothing happens. And in the big windows in the middle of spotify there is notjing. Only black. Star or radio does not work.

### I can add that underneith this black windows where all search results should be displayed my mouse reacts as if there are link behind the blackness. The pointer turns from a pointer to a hand that indicates it is a link there eventhough it is black and nothing visible.

spotifybug.JPG

**bleep**! This is incredible, last post was on 2014, and now in 2017 I'm having the same issues. What is happening Spotify? In my office (Win), at home (OSX) and in my iPhone (6s) is occurring the same searching problem, it takes ages and also is very common is doesn't find anything. Do you have a solution? This is awkward.

Suggested posts