NEXT STEP

Search Results Take Forever to Load and Crashes After 60+ Searches

Search Results Take Forever to Load and Crashes After 60+ Searches

Plan

Premium

Country

United States

Device

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013)

Operating System

macOS Mojave Version 10.14.6

My Question or Issue

Since last evening, search results have been appearing at inconsistent speeds yet not nearly as fast as they used to go, ranging from around ten seconds to upwards past a minute. Also, after a certain amount of searches (say after about sixty uses of the search bar), the app closes automatically without warning or option to send an error message.

I performed a clean install and cleared the cache folders, yet the problem still remains.  The app auto-updating may have something to do with this, but I vaguely remember it suggesting that I update it while the problem was just starting.

4 Replies

Hey there @Benjamin795,

Thanks for reaching out about this and welcome to the Community!

We suggest you head over to this ongoing issue thread and follow the instructions in the Status Update. Our tech teams are already looking into this and we hope to have good news soon!

Stay tuned - And if you have further questions, you know where to find us 🙂

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

The issues I mentioned in my previous post were not necessarily represented in the recommended thread, and my problem still persists in the most recent update.

Hey there @Benjamin795.

Thank you for your post.

Can you provide us more information about what's exactly going on? We'll need to know your Spotify version and if you experience this on other devices as well.

It would also be great if you can provide us a screenshot or a screen recording. It will make us understand more directly what's going on from your end.

We'll keep an eye open for your reply.

Cheers!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Search results now loading like normal, but I still occasionally have Spotify crash after typing something into the search bar. I'll see if things have changed in the most recent update.

Suggested posts