Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Search bar doesn't work

Solved!

Search bar doesn't work

Hi, as I said in the subject my search bar doesn't work, when i type something the menu with suggestions doesn't appear and if I press enter spotify doesn't search. Does anybody know a solution? Thanks

22 Replies

Had the same problem, clearing cache (deleting the com.spotify.client folder) worked for me with version 1.0.75.483.g7ff4a0dc on macOS 10.13.3.

I'm so, so tired of having to reinstall every week or so. So tired of having to clear my cache every week or so. At what point do I recognize that spotify is a crappy platform that's taking my money and not giving back the ease and convienence promised in return. I've done everything on this thread in the past, and it's worked, only to have this problem (and other plroblems, like endlessly loading pages) return again and again. Updates are temporary fixes. Solutions only work for a short time. What I'd really like at this point is someone to reccommend a more stable service because I'm over this. 

Hey my search bar doesnt work, i restarted my phone, shut off my phone, signed out and logged back in, and uninstall and reinstalled the app, none of these worked... 

Suggested posts