Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Search bar typing letters in reverse

Search bar typing letters in reverse

Premium plan, purchased in US but residing in France (not sure if this can affect it)

MacBook Pro 2018 running Mojave 10.14.4.

Whenever I type in a song/artist/friend in the search bar, the letters will come up in the inverse order of how I have typed them. I have tried this many, many times to make sure it isn't just an issue of me typing too fast. For example, if I am trying to listen to Lizzo, the word will come up as ozziL. This is driving me nuts and I'm not sure what it is a result of, but if anyone is experiencing the same thing and can fix it, it would be appreciated. Thanks!

10 Replies

Hey @almalecha.

Thanks for reaching out to us about this.

This is an issue which we're aware of and currently looking into.

Make sure to head over to this thread - we'll keep you posted there and let you know as soon as we have any updates.

Thanks again 🙂

This is happening again.

Yep me too. 

Happening to me again too. Premium membership.

Hey folks,

Thanks for informing us that this is still happening.

You should leave your vote in this Ongoing Issue and subscribe to it, if you haven't already. This way you'll be updated as soon as we have any news to share on the matter.

Make sure to also leave a comment with your Country, Plan, Device and Operating System. This will help the tech team to have a better overview on the issue and come up quicker with a possible solution.

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

Have a nice day.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Mihail,

Why do we need to vote as to whether Spotify should fix aCRITICAL, BREAKING bug that has been open for over a year?

Maybe your engineers could simply fix this instead of just marking it "Not Right Now"

This is a problem with your computer, not Spotify. It happens to me out of Spotify, too. Just click somewhere besides the search bar and then click on it again. It should reset. If it doesn’t, just refresh it. Pls click accept as solution if this works. (Worked for me but idk if it can happen to you, too)

When is Spotify going to fix this issue? It's been going on for at least a couple of years.

Jup this is still an issue and frankly, its kind of annoying. It should be a quick and easy fix in my opinion.

This is happening for me too - got sent here by spotify support. Please have support agents direct to the right webpage linked early in these comments

Suggested posts