Announcements

Search bar typing letters in reverse

Highlighted

Search bar typing letters in reverse

Premium plan, purchased in US but residing in France (not sure if this can affect it)

MacBook Pro 2018 running Mojave 10.14.4.

Whenever I type in a song/artist/friend in the search bar, the letters will come up in the inverse order of how I have typed them. I have tried this many, many times to make sure it isn't just an issue of me typing too fast. For example, if I am trying to listen to Lizzo, the word will come up as ozziL. This is driving me nuts and I'm not sure what it is a result of, but if anyone is experiencing the same thing and can fix it, it would be appreciated. Thanks!

10 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Search bar typing letters in reverse

Hey @almalecha.

Thanks for reaching out to us about this.

This is an issue which we're aware of and currently looking into.

Make sure to head over to this thread - we'll keep you posted there and let you know as soon as we have any updates.

Thanks again 🙂

PeterModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Highlighted

Casual Listener
This is happening again.
Highlighted

Yep me too. 

Highlighted

Happening to me again too. Premium membership.
Highlighted

Hey folks,

Thanks for informing us that this is still happening.

You should leave your vote in this Ongoing Issue and subscribe to it, if you haven't already. This way you'll be updated as soon as we have any news to share on the matter.

Make sure to also leave a comment with your Country, Plan, Device and Operating System. This will help the tech team to have a better overview on the issue and come up quicker with a possible solution.

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

Have a nice day.

MihailModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music is a language that doesn’t speak in particular words. It speaks in emotions, and if it’s in the bones, it’s in the bones.” - Keith Richards
Highlighted

Casual Listener

Mihail,

Why do we need to vote as to whether Spotify should fix aCRITICAL, BREAKING bug that has been open for over a year?

Maybe your engineers could simply fix this instead of just marking it "Not Right Now"

Highlighted

Composer
This is a problem with your computer, not Spotify. It happens to me out of Spotify, too. Just click somewhere besides the search bar and then click on it again. It should reset. If it doesn’t, just refresh it. Pls click accept as solution if this works. (Worked for me but idk if it can happen to you, too)
Highlighted

Casual Listener

When is Spotify going to fix this issue? It's been going on for at least a couple of years.

Highlighted

Visitor
Jup this is still an issue and frankly, its kind of annoying. It should be a quick and easy fix in my opinion.
SUGGESTED POSTS