Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Searching an Artist within playlist will only return songs where artist is the first listed

Searching an Artist within playlist will only return songs where artist is the first listed

Hi everyone,

I am noticing an issue after recent update(s) where searching an Artist Name within a playlist will not return all expected results. Previously, the search will return songs where the artist is listed as a contributor, no matter where they appear on the song's artist list. 

Now it seems that the search will only return songs where the artist you are searching is the first artist listed. 

Here is an example where both songs have both artists, and you will see the error occur (both songs should appear as results in the examples):

https://screenshot.click/04-01-twn82-00psc.mp4

27 Replies

Hey  folks,

Thanks for all your replies and for the info shared.

If you noticed this behavior on your end, we'll need you to send us the following so we can forward all your reports to the right team:

• Exact Spotify version you're running on the affected devices. 
  • Make/model and OS of the affected devices.
  • All the troubleshooting you've tried so far. 
  • If possible, a video recording of this behavior. You can attach it in your next reply in mp4 format, or you can also upload it to YouTube or Google drive and make it public, so we can visualize it.

If you perhaps send us some of the details, feel free to send just the remaining ones. Rest assured this is being investigated 🙂

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Plan

Premium

Country

Germany

Operating System

Windows 10 Education Edition x64

My Question or Issue

So I have this playlist

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/2aKDLv7tnOvGVwKB4zJ858?si=343ed4296f3b4155

If I search for fly, then it find's the song "Ready To Fly"

If I search for the artist name "Dimension", then it only spots two other songs by the artist but not the one I was looking for even though it is in the playlist.

Spotify_2023-03-10_17-07-56.png
Spotify_2023-03-10_17-07-03.png

Video: https://photos.app.goo.gl/BpSJQG52CnSYz59K7

Devices: Pixel 6a (in video) and Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite

Spotify Version: 8.8.16.615

In the video, I have a playlist that includes the song "Notice Me" by Moe Shop and Toriena. When I search the playlist for "toriena", nothing comes up. When I search the playlist for "moe", the song appears.

Hey everyone,

Thanks for providing the requested information.

No need for further examples, as the team investigating this has confirmed that they're working on a fix.

In the meantime, please make sure to keep your app up-to-date.

Cheers,

MihailYModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

When i'm searching for a artist in my playlist, it only shows the artists songs. I want to see the songs that the artist who i'm looking for is the featuring. For example there is a song called "Dumanı Pasla" by Batuflex ft. cakal

When i search the Batuflex name i can see the song in my playlist. But when i search the cakal i cannot see the song.

This has been fixed on Android and desktop. Don't know about iOS.

Hey everyone! Just updated my app on my Mac OS and it seems to be fixed now. Hope you all see the expected results now!

Hey there folks,

Thank you for your replies and confirmation.

We're glad to hear that everything works as it should for you again 🙂

If you have any questions or need anything else, the Community is here for you.

LyubkaModerator

Suggested posts