Premium

Country

Indonesia

Device

Macbook Pro (Early 2015)

Operating System

macOS High Sierra

My Question or Issues 

Hi, sorry to bother you guys but I have been experiencing this problem with searching for the last 3 months. I can not search anything at all. I can type in the search bar, however nothing comes up when I press enter so all I can do is type in the search bar. Also I have tried restarting my laptop dozen of times and I have re-installed the spotify app twice, to see if I could fix the problem. 

Thanks

Nate

Screen Shot 2018-12-25 at 5.11.58 PM.png
4 Replies
1 person liked this

Re: Searching on Spotify (Mac OS)

kmibo

I have the same exact problem, I have re-installed the spotify app 3 times and re-installing the app didn't fix it. I don't know what to do.

Is there someone who can recommend us what to do with the problem?

Rock Star 13
Rock Star 13

Hi @Nate25!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps. I'd also recommend installing macOS Mojave 10.14.2 :)

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

@kmibo

What else have you tried to solve this issue?

Have you tried with another internet connection?

Does it help if you create another user account in your Mac and install Spotify there?

If possible could you also try signing in with another Spotify account?

Please let me know and Happy Holidays to both!

LoxerRock Star 13
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

fleurhuysmans

I have the same issue on my Mac app. Is there a sollution to this other than deleting and reinstalling the app and restarting the mac? I've already done this it never works. The website does work and my app on my phone works also, it's just the mac desktop app which won't let me search

Highlighted
1 person liked this

capillaries
Regular

I've had this problem too. Sometimes I'm able to search sometimes and it takes several minutes for anything to appear, but at least those times I can see that it's loading. I restart the app but it rarely helps. I've also cleared my cache and I've done a clean reinstall it every single day all week and zero improvement. 

Webplayer works fine for me too In fact the app works so badly I'm forced to use web player simultanously all the time to be able to do anything normally, when I much prefer the desktop version in layout and streaming quality... But the desktop app works so poorly I often literally can't use it. It's that bad at this point and I don't know how much longer I can deal with this level of dysfunction. I'm beyond frustrated, I want Spotify to work and I can't believe or accept that there's no way of improving the software for your customers

SUGGESTED POSTS