Searching on Spotify (Mac OS)

Re: Searching on Spotify (Mac OS)

kmibo
Casual Listener

Hello, sorry for the late reply (to be honest I forget about it) but I have done everything, sometimes my spotify works well but most of the times I have to wait for 2 hours to be able to search for an artist.

Even a friend of mine tried to resolve the problem and didn’t work either.

I have the latest/updated version of spotify.

Nate25
Casual Listener
Hi there,

I have tried everything you have recommended and nothing has fixed my
account, however I made a new account to test if my search worked - and it
did. So I don't why its only doing this to my account. And again it doesn't
work on my laptop only on my phone.

Thanks,
Nathan

Hey there folks,

@Nate25, since you mention that Search works with no issues on your Mac device from another account, we'd suggest using that new account instead. Keep in mind that you can follow the steps provided in this Spotify Answer if you'd like to transfer your music and people you follow to your new account. 

@kmibo, you mention having tried all steps, including the ones here. Just to confirm, could you let us know if using another account from your desktop device helps? 

If not, it'd be helpful if you could let us know the following details:

• Your device model and its OS (Operating System) version
  • The version of the Spotify app
  • A detailed description of what happens. When it works and when it doesn't.
  • Any screenshots of what happens. Just make sure that no private/sensitive info is dispayed.

@capillaries, could you let us know if the issue still persists for you and if you've tried the steps provided here? If possible, it would be helpful if you could give it a try from another account and let us know if that makes any difference. If not, please let us know the info above :)

We'll be keeping an eye out for your replies, thanks!

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain
SUGGESTED POSTS