Announcements

Secret "Discover Weekly" Playlist?

Solved!
Highlighted

Secret "Discover Weekly" Playlist?

I stumbled across a "Discover Weekly" playlist that somehow made its way into my Playlists tab this afternoon. I've been listening to it since then and it's great!

However, the playlist just mysteriously disappeared from all of Spotify now, and after Googling around to find it again, I found this playlist that seems to be "an EMPLOYEES ONLY test" (I'm not an employee). The description looks like:

Screen Shot 2015-04-08 at 12.26.42 AM.png

It lists the email lambda@spotify.com, which seems to be a internal Google Group that I can't send emails to.

Luckily I still have all of the songs in my play queue, so I saved them to another personal playlist. However, I'm still curious about this playlist. Was it just a test? Is it planned to be released soon? This feature seems awesome.

Also, here's a feedback form that was linked to in my original Discover Weekly playlist, which has publicly readable responses. It only has 20 reponses so far, so it seems this wasn't widespread. Screenshots are attached.
Screen Shot 2015-04-08 at 1.08.06 AM.png
Screen Shot 2015-04-08 at 1.08.16 AM.png
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution!

Re: Secret "Discover Weekly" Playlist?

Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

Hey guys!

Discover Weekly is now a feature for everyone! If you don't see it in your playlists yet, it should be coming soon.

http://www.theverge.com/2015/7/20/9001317/spotify-discover-weekly-poersonalized-playlist-deep-cuts

MattSudaRock Star 24
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

51 Replies
Highlighted

Casual Listener
Just found this playlist myself. Assumed everyone had it, but none of my friends did. I'm excited about it none the less.
Highlighted

Casual Listener
I filled out the survey this morning. Still only 62 responses. Doesn't seem like this is very wide spread? I'm enjoying it though, the playlist is pretty awesome.
Highlighted

Did anyone find out how to recover the songs from the playlist? I was loving it, but it got replaced witha  new set! Someone help me!

Highlighted

Regular

Hey EchoShard, if I was you, I'd make my own playlist and add every song from Spotify Discover to it on a weekly basis. That way, when it changes you'll still have the old tracks, and over time you'll gather a huge collection of what Spotify has recommended for you.

Highlighted

Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

Spotify is always testing by adding or removing features to make Spotify better overall. They're super interested in feedback regarding the Discover Weekly feature, so I've let the team know about this. They'll pass it onto the right folks!

MattSudaRock Star 24
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
Highlighted

Casual Listener

I had one for a few weeks as well, and it just disappeared today! Has anyone figured out how to get it back? I loved it!

Highlighted

Casual Listener

This exact thing--I was adoring the Discover Weekly playlist. It somehow codified my music taste when I can't even seem to do that myself. Now it's gone and I hadn't saved all the songs on it. Wishing I could get it back 😕

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Actually, if you know how to get to your Play Queue, there should be a tab to look at your history. You should be able to find those songs there! 

Highlighted

Music Fan

Discover Weekly didn't fit with our recent attempts to alienate their entire customer base, and has thus been removed.  We regret the temporary innovation, and it won't happen again.

Sincerely,

Spotify Customer Disservice

SUGGESTED POSTS