Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

SelfControl App and opening Spotify Ports

SelfControl App and opening Spotify Ports

Hello all,

I have an issue that I'm hoping someone in the community can solve. I've been unable to find the answers I need with Google.

I use an app called SelfControl App that blocks internet traffic. It makes it so I can get work done without getting distracted by the internet.

It uses a Blacklist, which blocks a custom list of websites/ports and nothing else, or a Whitelist, which allows a custom list of sites/ports and nothing else.

Ideally, I want to whitelist all of spotify's ports, so that I have access to music while writing and nothing else, but in order to do this, I need to know the specific ports that spotify uses and I don't know enough about that side of software to figure that information out on my own.

If anybody can help me out, or point out why this wouldn't actually work, I'll give you a billion dollars and stick with the ever-growing blacklist.

Thanks in advance!

3 Replies

Bump

Hey @miggythegreat

Thanks for reaching out to us on the Community.

Is this the information that you were looking for: https://support.spotify.com/problems/#!/article/How-do-I-configure-my-router-for-Spotify?

Let us know how that helps 🙂

404 not found

Any idea where to find this information now?

Suggested posts