Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Severely crippled albums/tracks list (both desktop mac and web)

Severely crippled albums/tracks list (both desktop mac and web)

Plan: PREMIUM

Devices: Apple Mac mini 2011, Apple iPad mini 4, web browser (same effect in any device, so the problem is not related to a particular device or web browser)

Operating System: macOS Sierra 10.12.6, iOS 12.3.1

My Question or Issue

A few days ago I found my Spotify music library (saved albums/discs - in menu it's under ALBUMS) severely crippled, so many of my previously saved albums/tracks just disappeared!

It does not depend on device I use, i.e. the same effect can be observed from Spotify for Mac, Spotify for iPad or Spotify in web browser.

Also, a feature (or whatever it is) "Recommended albums. Based on the songs you like" appeared under saved albums/tracks where it's definitely not supposed to be -- needless to say that in my collection I want to see only the albums/tracks I personally put in there, and not somebody else's recommendations.

Please let me know if you can restore my previously saved albums/tracks from the backup.

If for whatever reason it is not possible -- I intend to cancel my Spotify subscription.

Please advise ASAP.

Thank you.

3 Replies

Hi!

I can imagine this situation is not fun at all. You should try to login to Spotify online at spotify.com and click on "restore playlists". Maybe you can find them there?

Merlijn

Thank you for the recommendation. I tried that, and I found the list of 26 records (albums?), all dated 29.08.18 -- so no, I cannot use it to restore my music library or saved albums/tracks (and I never used any playlists anyway, only saved albums/tracks).

So, the questions remain:

(1) what happened to my saved albums/tracks on Spotify side?

(2) can all my previously saved albums/tracks be restored to the previous state? (so I can see them all under ALBUMS, as it was before)

(3) can Spotify please remove that "Recommended albums. Based on the songs you like" feature from my saved albums/tracks place? You can certainly recommend whatever you want -- however it should not happen in ALBUMS where I keep my own music collection.

OTHER IMPORTANT THING/MALFUNCTION I FORGOT TO MENTION:

SAVE/SAVED button no longer works as it's supposed to -- when I press it to save a new album, it does not save it (ticks opposite album tracks do not appear) -- and then I press it on previously saved album, it does not unsave it (the ticks remain opposite each track).

Hello,

So, if I'm understanding your post about the albums issue, correctly, this is working as intended. The only albums that are now in your albums section are ones where you have saved every song on the album. If you have previously saved songs, they should still be in your "Songs" section, but won't be able to be listened to separated by album unless you want to listen to/download the entire album. 

I don't believe there is a way to revert at this time. 

The save button not working is, I believe, a bug in the Mac client. I have it as well. 

Suggested posts