Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Sharing a playlist in Spotify with non-Facebook users

Solved!

Sharing a playlist in Spotify with non-Facebook users

Hi, 

I am using a Mac and trying to share a playlist from my account to a friend's account.  Neither of us are on facebook and when I go to the share option and type the Spotify username it claims that it cannot be recognised. 

I have tried to follow them but do not know how to do this with a user account  rather than an artist. 

Can anyone help?!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @aokwesa, welcome to the spotify community.  You can indeed share music with non facebook users but it's a bit more complicated.  You must first both follow each other in spotify.  You have probably found that when you search for your friend to follow them, they do not show up.  In order to search for a non facebook user, you must type the following in the searchbox

spotify:user:<insert friends spotify name here>

that should find your friend and you can then click the follow button.  They can find you the same way.  Now that you both follow each other, you can now type their user name in the share dialog and it should work.

I hope this solution works for you.  If it does, feel free to mark this as Solution Accepted.  If not, let me know and I will help you work through this.

michael

Follow Me
DJ Mikey
Strangeways Radio
Owner / Program Director

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hi @aokwesa, welcome to the spotify community.  You can indeed share music with non facebook users but it's a bit more complicated.  You must first both follow each other in spotify.  You have probably found that when you search for your friend to follow them, they do not show up.  In order to search for a non facebook user, you must type the following in the searchbox

spotify:user:<insert friends spotify name here>

that should find your friend and you can then click the follow button.  They can find you the same way.  Now that you both follow each other, you can now type their user name in the share dialog and it should work.

I hope this solution works for you.  If it does, feel free to mark this as Solution Accepted.  If not, let me know and I will help you work through this.

michael

Follow Me
DJ Mikey
Strangeways Radio
Owner / Program Director

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Suggested posts