Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Show songs from iTunes

Show songs from iTunes

Hi, Spotify for Mac desktop, went in to settings and turned on "Show songs from iTunes". Nothing showing in the playlists. 

I read somewhere that Spotify is no longer having this great feature, but if that is the case then why is the option still in Settings?

thanks

Screen Shot 2018-09-25 at 7.52.30 pm.jpg
7 Replies

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

Thanks for your suggestions... did both but still didn't fix it. 

Spotify vn 1.0.89.313.g34a58dea

MacOS 10.12.6 

.. to be clear, the songs are showing in Local Files list, but the iTunes playlists are not showing like they used to.

(iTunes used to be a folder item in my playlists with a drop down menu, which when clicked on would reveal all my iTunes playlists nested within it)

Hey @JDfunky,

Thanks for letting me know :9

The latest update for macOS is macOS Mojave 10.14 released yesterday.

Screenshot 2018-09-25 at 13.12.56.png

Did you add the source for iTunes manually because on mine it doesn't appear manually even though I have songs in iTunes.

Thanks 🙂

Yep aware of Mojave, won't be updating as I use DJ software (Serato) that is incompatible. 

What do you mean when you say "add the source for iTunes manually" ?

I went to settings and turned on the iTunes switch there, as shown in my original screenshot.. is that what you mean?

Hey @JDfunky,

I'd recommend to update to High Sierra at least if the app you're using is compatible.

If you see in my screenshot, in the Local Files section there's an option to Add a Source which adds a path where your local music files rest 🙂

What is the specific reason you recommend upgrading to High Sierra, in regards to Spotify?

Re the source: I didn't need to add iTunes as a source, it was already showing there as per my screenshot. Strange how it doesn't appear in yours

Suggested posts